Just thought I would let Everyone know.

Options

Replies

• weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    A person said that on MFP? What a nut!!! You did the right thing!!!!!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    A person said that on MFP? What a nut!!! You did the right thing!!!!!

Yes, right here in the chit chat forum.
  • erins89
    erins89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As a Virginia Tech alumna, thank you so much for taking this seriously. No one should ever have to experience the pain that the victims family and whole community feel and continue to feel after something like that.
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Good thing. I was on the phone trying to call but then the post disappeared. Glad you got through. It looked liked the street address was the same street as the police dept.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Good thing. I was on the phone trying to call but then the post disappeared. Glad you got through. It looked liked the street address was the same street as the police dept.

I am not familiar with San Fran. But either way, I felt it was definitely worth a call.
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow! That was a smart move on your part. Although, I'm nowhere near SF, I thank you for being a responsible citizen. Kudos to you!
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Good job!! I'm so glad that you took the time and initiative to do that. Like a previous poster said, you may have saved lives!!

*Sigh* people just worry me :frown:
  • ellieranc
    ellieranc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just. Wow. I'm clear on the other side of the country from San Fran and I thank you for getting involved. You may have saved a life (or lots of them).
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Wow. You would think in this day and age people would know that's not something you can't joke about (assuming and hoping they were joking of course)
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sad these are the times we live in...but you did the right thing.
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You did the right thing if they are just some drunk jerkwad they will just have a nice talk if not you may have saved some lives.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    A joke is supposed to be humorous, that one wasn't funny at the slightest. :grumble: :angry: :mad: :explode:

On the other hand, thank you. The civilians appreciate it very much. :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    I am curious as to what the outcome is going to be.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'll never understand some people.
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hope that the person was not serious but I think they should still be punished.

Is there any way to flag a post so that MFP can zero in on a poster and possibly track them? I know on a pregnancy forum I belonged to, the owners were able to trace the IP address and ferret out the trolls and those that were looking to take advantage.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Ironically enough, there was just a shooting today at Texas A&M. No clue as to casualties.
  • determined_01
    Options
    Good for you, I'm glad you did that. You can never take things lightly these days.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    what did they say
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am curious as to what the outcome is going to be.

When/if the cops call you again - ask them if you can be updated on how this turns out. Most departments will do that for people who call in like you did.
  • Sugarhoneyicedtea
    Options
    That's scary, especially with this just happening today: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/texas-am-shooting-college-station_n_1773387.html?1344883146&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Why would anyone joke about something so horrible?