The NSV that almost gave me a heart attack!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I don't think I'd ever have the nerve to do that! LOL I feel accomplished if I get in the middle instead of the back. :laugh:
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound so weird but this post was exactly what I needed to read at this exact moment! I had written a status update on my profile admitting to signing up for Zumba Fitness in September but that after youtubing it I was almost regretting it!! I absolutely LOVE to dance but of course when I dance it's usually after a couple of shots in a dark bar!! Zumba will be entirely different... no liquid courage and no dimly lit lights!! Thanks for sharing this, I feel reading this was the good Lord telling me "Cynthia, shut your trap, you know you got this, at least give it a try"!! haha. I think I'll go for it and stick with it, maybe one I'll have an experience similar to your own. GREAT WORK by the way and thank you for this post of encouragement. xo.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'll bet that you were great at leading that song, too! You rock for that!!!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    oooo Well done!! Which song was it?? I love Zumba!

"Brokenhearted" was the song. We do a lot of pop songs which I love.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    geat job!!!!
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    your story made me smile! ^_^

what an awesome feeling you must have had!

they say you will never learn to fly in this life unless you are willing to leave the safety of your nest.

or something like that.

and with this story, lady, you are clearly spreading your wings.

<3
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    This is gonna sound so weird but this post was exactly what I needed to read at this exact moment! I had written a status update on my profile admitting to signing up for Zumba Fitness in September but that after youtubing it I was almost regretting it!! I absolutely LOVE to dance but of course when I dance it's usually after a couple of shots in a dark bar!! Zumba will be entirely different... no liquid courage and no dimly lit lights!! Thanks for sharing this, I feel reading this was the good Lord telling me "Cynthia, shut your trap, you know you got this, at least give it a try"!! haha. I think I'll go for it and stick with it, maybe one I'll have an experience similar to your own. GREAT WORK by the way and thank you for this post of encouragement. xo.

That's so great!! Definitely give it a try! It took me about 3 classes before I could feel like I was on even half of the time. LOL.
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic...just think you could end up an instructor helping others to lose weight...how cool would that be...?
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Way to go but I also have a question my heartrate stays at almost 185 to 190 most of th time is this not normal??
    It varies from person to person depending on factors like your age. Mine has a tendency to stay in the mid-170s to low 180s while I'm running. There are websites out there with a formula you can use to calculate what your max heart rate is SUPPOSED to be but it's just a general number which may not be your actual max.

http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/measuring/heartrate.html
  • lainieg
    lainieg Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, at least now you know you can do it. Maybe you wont be so nervous if u did it again.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Way to go but I also have a question my heartrate stays at almost 185 to 190 most of th time is this not normal??

Depends on your weight and intensity of your workout, I do Zumba myself and got a max HR of 188 for todays workout. So don't fret too much :)

oh ok I am very overweight somakes sence :)
  • meeper123
    Options
    It varies from person to person depending on factors like your age. Mine has a tendency to stay in the mid-170s to low 180s while I'm running. There are websites out there with a formula you can use to calculate what your max heart rate is SUPPOSED to be but it's just a general number which may not be your actual max.

http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/measuring/heartrate.html

ok :D
  • meeper123
    Options
    I go to Zumba twice a week at my local church. Been doing this since February though I miss here and there. Today both of our usual instructors were gone so someone who's there every week stepped up to teach. A newer song from our playlist came on that she didn't know well enough to lead. It's my favorite one and I may have been practicing it at home. :blushing: Before I knew it I was volunteering to lead that song just because I didn't want them to skip it. I am a solid BACK ROW kind of person so I don't know what I was thinking! I started leading when about 5 seconds in to it I realized my nerves on top of an already high heart rate from dancing had my heart beating so fast I thought I was going to pass out!:laugh: I made it though the song somehow and ran back to my comfort spot in life, the back row! I checked my HRM and my max target is 162 while I was actually at 182! It took the rest of class to get it to slow down to under 170!

I'm not at all scared of public speaking but I guess public dancing is a different story. :blushing: Still I'm proud of myself for doing it! Back in February when I started going I didn't know if I'd even come back a second day since I was so horrible at it, yet today I actually led a song!

I wanted to say now that I am done asking a million questions that you did amazing getting out of your comfort zone is hard :D but hell if it made your heart do that maybe try it more often lol burn some calories with a simple blush :D
  • wheezybreezy
    wheezybreezy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic...just think you could end up an instructor helping others to lose weight...how cool would that be...?

I was thinking the same thing!! Way to go!!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on facing and overcoming your fear! WIN for you!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Love this NSV! Congrats!

And those of you thinking about Zumba.... GO FOR IT!!! It is so much fuN!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!