Eating back exercise calories?

Options
Im active 7 days a week about 30-60 mins a day, im on a 1200 calorie a day plan should i be eatin back my exercise calories? Will i lose more weight if i do?

Replies

• christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you eat 1500 calories and exercised 300 of those, then it's like eating 1200 calories and not doing anything. It evens out. However if you eat only 1200 calories and then exercise so that your calories end up being less than 1200 - that is dangerous. You need 1200 calories just to function with normal body activities like breathing and digestion and even sitting still.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I never did and lost very little weight but in the last week I started to eat back at least half and now I am losing way more weight.
  • PinkEnvyx
    PinkEnvyx Posts: 172
    Options
    I am 100% for if your body needs food for energy it will tell you. I lost and kept it off when I started listening to my body and only my body for it knows what it needs and when all on its own. If you are not getting enough your body will tell you and you will eat. :) Well in my personal experience my own body knows best and has not let me down since I started letting it tell me what it wants and when. (my body that is not my head and my eyes looking at a cookie. :)~ )
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Eat them.
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Search the message boards about this...there are tons of debates, info, opinions, and posts about eating back calories.
  • dbarchus
    dbarchus Posts: 42
    Options
    Eat them.
  • kevie1021
    kevie1021 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I never did and lost very little weight but in the last week I started to eat back at least half and now I am losing way more weight.

That makes sense. I think I might have to give that a try....