Sloppy mommy to fit mommy (with pics)!

Options

Replies

• vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words! A couple people asked for tips/secrets. The big secret is that there is no big secret (sorry to burst the bubble). Working out helps but what you put in your mouth accounts for 80-90 percent of your success (you will read the same thing in almost every fitness magazine). Some people get discouraged because they are eating healthy and not losing weight. Assuming they don't have any health issues sabotaging their progress, they are probably just eating too much of the healthy foods (portions are too big). That being said, here are my "tips":

1. Count every calorie, log it and stick to the plan.
    2. Don't cut out anything completely, you'll just crave it more. Try to incorporate the things you like within your calorie allocation.
    3. Don't drink your calories. Save your calories for food so that you're not hungry and cranky all the time.
    4. Eat food high in protein and/or fiber so you're not hungry and cranky all the time.
    5. Bring your lunch to work instead of buying something and trying to guess what's in it.
    6. Have a sensible dinner and limit snacking at night. You'll sleep better and wake up hungry.
    7. EAT BREAKFAST! It starts the fire (your metabolism) going for the day.
    8. Ease into exercice! Don't expect to run 5 miles on day one!
    9. Set realistic expectations. Don't tell yourself you're going to go the gym every morning at 5am if you HATE waking up early!
    10. Be patient.
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Wow Wow Wow..Hottie Hot Hot..Congratulations!
  • As_Sweet_As_Pea
    As_Sweet_As_Pea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Awesome job girl!! You look HOT!! :smile:
  • nicholeduenke
    Options
    You are so adorable! Such an awesome "after" :) Way to go!!
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look great! An inspiration!
  • sgaindx
    sgaindx Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! What an awesome accomplishment.
  • Kmachado9
    Kmachado9 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. This is so inspirational. You look fantastic. These stories are the motivation that many of us need. Great job!
  • tuckyfatbutt
    tuckyfatbutt Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats.. Your success story and photo's are such an encouragement.
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    You look wonderful & happy. Great job, stick with it, great inspiration. It's beautiful to see that your son's arm can wrap around you...hopefully I get there someday!?! Keep it up beautiful!! :flowerforyou:
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    Great job, thank you so much for sharing
  • lizzie2190
    lizzie2190 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You have done amazing xx
  • kskalniak
    Options
    Awesome job! What an inspiration you are!!!
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your loss!! :)
  • KimL122
    KimL122 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fantastic and you should be so proud of yourself....Congrats
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. awesome job! I am losing about 4-5 months too and I hope by my 8 month, I have lost 40 lbs like you.
  • piggybunny89
    piggybunny89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger!!!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    DANG GIRLIE!!!! Great job!
  • allustrious
    Options
    All anyone has to do is see your radiant smile in those pictures to see how much more happy you have become. Amazing work, and thanks for the inspiration
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Picture of health !!! Well done, mum!
  • corinnemihalik
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!