Lori's Salad A Day challenge

Options
2stepz
2stepz Posts: 814 Member
I'm challenging myself, and anyone who wants to join me, to a salad-a-day challenge. Each and every day have a salad, then report here what kind of salad it was.

I know salads can be boring, but I'm hoping we can get out of the rut by sharing ideas, shaking things up.

Monday August 13th ( DAY1)
12+-+1

Spinach, sweet peppers, imitation crab, shredded cheddar, and FF honey dijon... honestly, was too sweet. Needed some spicy off set... Total: 280 calories, Not the best start, but it's a start.

Replies

• Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am interested! I am not very good with the MFP forum, I’ve only posted a few times so forgive me if this is a dorky question. How does someone join the challenge? Just post a picture of this salad in this forum every day? How long is the challenge running?
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Starting with 4 weeks, the next 28 days, and might continue after that depending on the following. As for joining, just post a picture, and give us your feedback. It's an honor system. ;)
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Salad a day, day 2. Using leftover pork burgers, much spicier than yesterday. Yum!
    12+-+1

Seasoned pork patty, half oz shredded cheddar, spinach, and spicy southwest chipotle dressing. 197 calories.

Note to self: buy more salad ready veggies.
  • Jamochadiva
    Jamochadiva Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun, love salads this a neat idea . I'm having a chicken salad tonight, mine will include. the following: Arrugula, sunflower seeds, pear, blueberries, radishes,grilled chx breast topped with low fat feta and low Cal honey balsamic dressing.
  • athenad121
    athenad121 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I posted on Facebook that I wanted salad ideas for my lunches so this is perfect! Today I had romaine lettuce (I'm not into the fancier greens lol) with green apples, dried cranberries, chicken breast, a few walnuts, reduced fat feta cheese and light balsamic vinaigrette. So yummy
  • 2stepz
    Options
    Day 3 - Was on the run all day, so I had a salad from Wendy's.

12+-+1

Half-sized Spicy Chicken Caesar, no croutons, only half the dressing. 295 calories
  • granolagirl
    granolagirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great challenge! I'll join. Will post pic tomorrow.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    great idea. can i join if i don't want to post photos?

yesterday:
    3 cups of living lettuce
    1/2 cup of sliced cucumbers
    1 cup of broccoli florets
    1 sliced plum
    1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese
    tuna
    blue cheese dressing

cals = 453
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday, my salad was:

duck confit (leg)
    arugula wilted in some of the rendered fat
    sliced figs
    gorgonzola
    a port reduction sauce

i estimated the cals to be around = 850
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    today, my salad was a chicken taco salad from a local restaurant. i estimated that is was 680 calories.

i will be leaving town for a family reunion this weekend so i may not be able to check in but i will still make sure to get a salad in each day. :)
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in. How long are we doing this? I can do it for 30 days.
  • dabratt92
    Options
    Hey I'm in. I've had a salad each day since Tuesday..

Today was:
    1.5C spring mix
    1 small tomato
    8 Fresh mozzarella pearls
    3oz boiled shrimp
    2 T Maple Farms Basalmic Vinegarette

Yesterday I had 2 Salads:
    Lunch was:
    Iceberg 1C
    .5C Coliflour
    8 slices cucumber
    1/4 of a large tomato
    1 hard boiled egg
    2 T Ranch

Dinner:
    Similar to today's lunch with grilled chicken and some crutons and 2 thin slices of Baguette also had 3 leaves of lettuce basil.
  • dabratt92
    Options
    Today:
    1.5C spring mix
    1 small tomato
    8 Fresh mozzarella pearls
    3oz boiled shrimp
    2 T Maple Farms Basalmic Vinegarette

Pic in profile.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat the same salad almost everyday. about 10 net carbs and 250 calories.
    lettuce, pickle, olives, tomatoes with kens honey mustard, sometimes a little italian or mayo too, depends on toppings.
    maybe some cukes, celery, hamburger, chicken fajita, taco meat, or bacon to switch it up.
  • 2stepz
    Options
    I forgot my pictures the last couple days and haven't been tracking as I should, so I don't have the calories for these.

Yesterday I had what I call a pizza salad: Shredded mozzerella, sliced pepperoni, fresh basil, fresh mushrooms, folded into elbow macaroni and sprinkled with Mrs. Dash.

Today:
    Diced Crab, avocado, and egg salad... in a pita.
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    friday was a salad from subway. tuna over spinach with provolone, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. cals = 360

saturday was a spinach side salad with banana peppers, carrots, sweet potatoes, blue cheese dressing. cals = ? (did not track)

sunday was a salad with hamburger, tomatoes, colby jack cheese, avocado ranch dressing. cals = ? (did not track)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oooh, I had a lovely salad for lunch yesterday!

Spinach, sliced cucumber, some giant capers and black olives, topped with 3 falafels, a small avocado diced, tossed in oil and sprinkled with golden linseed, roasted for 15 mins. For a dressing I thinned some tahini paste with some lemon juice.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Today's salad contains:

1 tin tuna, drained
    Handfull spinach leaves
    Tomaotes, cucumber, spring onion, black olives, and some marinated artichoke hearts. Dressed with a squeeze of lemon juice.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm in, if it's not too late.

Today my lunch salad is:

romaine lettuce
    cherry tomatoes
    cucumber
    reduced fat feta cheese
    grilled chicken (3 oz.)

I'll dress it with some Newman's Own Light Balsamic Viniagrette.

I have this same salad a lot - very, very tasty. Today the tomatoes and cucumber are from my Dad's garden. :)
  • godblessourhome
    Options
    yesterday was just a side salad with lettuce, mushrooms, shredded cheese and light italian dressing.

cals = 114