marijasmin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Can I add my congrats?
    Yes yes yes

Jasmin
  • BlondieSuess
    BlondieSuess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story! Congrats, you are truely an inspiration!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Kick *kitten* dude! One of my buddies is doing his second Ironman on the 26th. He's totally hooked. :)
  • ezwryder
    ezwryder Posts: 25
    Options
    Mark, I was sitting around yesterday thinking I'd take the day off and when CNN popped open, your story was the first thing I saw. Took it as an omen, closed the computer, and went to the gym.

Thanks for sharing it - the beginning of your journey was similar to mine. I knew I needed to make changes and one day about six months ago, it all "clicked." I'm about half way to where I want to my goal but now that my new habits are well established, I feel like I've already won.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Very inspirational!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    You are truly an amazing man! What an inspiration to all of us!
  • yag1630
    yag1630 Posts: 92
    Options
    Very inspirational and congratulations.:happy:
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You look great! I also read the link to the story about your friend who lost so much weight, too. Both very inspiring stories. Keep on keepin' on!! :)
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You are living proof that the MFP community can meet our fitness goals!! AND, to make it a more personal affirmation, "I DO have the ability to succeed in losing weight"!
  • joydooley
    Options
    I just read your article. I am now thinking about entering the Spirit Level of a local triathalon coming up soon. I have never thought about entering such an event but you have inspried me. I recently lost 10 pounds. I weigh 190 but maybe traing for this triathalon will help me lose more weight!
  • cafechibita
    cafechibita Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    wow...super cool!!! :)
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i have a question though.. your success really is totally amazing BUT between work, working out/running and your charity work, how much time do you actually spend with your family. I am all for health and fitness, but it looks more like you squeak in time for the most important people in your life to make time for yourself and things that make you feel good. I was inspired by the article, but a part of my heart went out to your wife and daughter who seem to be left in your dust.. trip to dollywood aside, of course.
  • dmisty24
    dmisty24 Posts: 26
    Options
    Wow, I can't tell you how impressed and motivated that I feel after reading your story. Rock on......and best of luck to you.........Misty
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Good heavens, you're even slimmer now than in the CNN interview. Great work, Beast!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Damn! Awesome!
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I read the whole story. Pretty incredible.
  • Huiminlovesfood
    Options
    Congratz! You are such an inspiration to many!
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look like a totally different person. Congratulations!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Your story is such an amazing story! Thank you for sharing it and congrats on your CNN coverage but most of all finding yourself again!
  • MarkTheBeastR
    MarkTheBeastR Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much again. Someone commented about feeling somewhat sorry for my family and my lack of time I spend with them. Just so everyone knows, I have visitation with my kids every other weekend. Over the past 2 months my weekend workouts have taken some time away from them but they are so proud of what I am doing and are my biggest cheerleaders. It has been tough on my wife. But she works full time and takes care of her parents 2-3 nites a week. So she is super busy but we always make time for each other. She is my #1 cheerleader and wouldn't have this any other way. And again, in 2 weeks, this is all going to be over. Yes there will be a new goal, but it will not be anywhere near as time consuming.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!