COFFEE

Options
Is coffee really bad for losing weight, if so why?

Replies

• cally69
    cally69 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Who says it is?
  • ellyz123
    Options
    Idk about that I love coffee drink every day and I do fine :)
  • twiztc
    twiztc Posts: 135
    Options
    as far as I know, its not the coffee thats bad, only if its loaded with sugar
  • thedancingleper
    thedancingleper Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, if I'm really feeling drained, I drink a small cup of coffee before i work out....

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/14/how-coffee-can-galvanize-your-workout/
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Only if you put mountains of other ingredients which went past your calorie limit.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem with coffee - of course I drink mine black so no cream or sugar to bring me down! In fact, there are health benefits to drinking coffee as well.
  • steadybutsure
    steadybutsure Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    listen, if i have to give up my coffee, am out.
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    i read in a different message board that it was and i was so confused. i LOVE coffee!!!
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the most important meal of the day!
  • ciobair
    ciobair Posts: 69
    Options
    coffee is awesome.

Freshly ground, steaming hot......... mmmm such flavour.
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The only reason that I gave up coffee for my diet/new lifestyle is because I don't really like it except with mountains of sugar, syrups, cream and milk in it, and the amount of calories from those added ingredients made the drink not worth it any more.

If you're they type of person that can drink coffee without adding tons of extra calories, or that it is worth it for you and can fit in your food journal, why not drink it?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I sure hope not. I'd hate to suddenly find out that the 34 pounds I've lost over the past 5 months while drinking at least 4-6 cups of coffee a day are all a figment of my imagination.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Coffee is the most important meal of the day!

^What she said!

Seriously, I have to drink my coffee in the morning. I usually drink it with flavored creamer and I am still losing weight. So I say enjoy it and if you like sugar and creamers while moderate it. ;)
  • sarah_001
    sarah_001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When I saw a nutritionist recently and showed her my food diary to help me figure out why my weight has been fluctuating up and down the same kg for months one of the only recommendations she had was to cut out coffee and hot chocolate. She said it had something to do with the cortisol in caffeine. I never added sugar to my coffee and only had it with lite milk, about 3 cups a day and sometimes 1 or 2 hot chocolates.
    Anyway, i'm having a hard time figuring out how this could completely stop my weight loss but for the last week i've only been having 1 cup of coffee a day. In that week my weight went down almost 1kg. I'll have to wait till next week to see if it goes back up before i'm completely convinced!
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    wow! please update me on that. thats interesting. so we might all be wrong.
  • sarah_001
    sarah_001 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'll definitely post again here after my next weigh in :) fingers crossed I have found the magic trick ;)
  • ddyirishgrl
    Options
    my fingers are definitely crossed because that would help me too! although it would be a BIG BUMMER because i LOVE coffee and redbull
  • smhammons
    smhammons Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I gave up a lot but will not give up my coffee and I still have lost 48 pounds. Its what you put in the coffee that can be bad for your diet not the coffee. And in fact it has plenty of benifits. Just ask my wife she is able to live with me as long as I drink my coffee..LOL:drinker:
  • chelseaalicia
    chelseaalicia Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm a barista which means I drink 4-8oz of espresso every day, and it hasn't slowed me down one bit! Balance it out with water and you're good :)
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee every day and have had no problem losing weight. I never add sugar, just half a serving of So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer. :)