How do you measure your mile?

Options
This is my dumb question of the day, tomorrows coming soon.

When running outside how do you measure your mile

Replies

• kevinsherrell
    Options
    I use a app for my iphone called Strava - it GPS tracks my distance. You can also, map your distance using web sites like mapmyrun.com
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    If I'm interpreting the question right, I use the Nike+ app on my iPod. It tracks your distance throughout your run and keeps you updated with how far you have left to run. It's pretty handy :)
  • TrinaJ11
    TrinaJ11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    map my run app for my phone.
  • Substances
    Substances Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I use the Nike+ App on my iPhone.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I use the Runkeeper app on my iPhone.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Four laps around the track....
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I use Endomondo for iPhone.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Now I use the runkeeper app on my phone. Before that, I used the runkeeper website to plot a course.

Certainly more fun with the app... I don't have to remember where I went. :happy:
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    mapmyride app is what I usually use
    I stopped using runkeeper as it wasn't accurate for me all the time.
    and finally, my fitbit.

i have a lot of 'toys' :happy:
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Have used all above plus Nike+ (sensor), Nike+ GPS (now Nike Running), iMapMyRun. Endomondo, Strava....

I like Nike+ the best because at the end of the year it does this amazing data analysis of your entire year's running, what your average distance/speed etc was, how much faster you got...how you compare to your age group/gender etc etc... Its fab!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    One lap around the park is 2 miles and every 1/4 mile has a marker. I always do the whole path though.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    On the street, mapmyrun
    On the local high school track, 4 times around equals a mile
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My Garmin FR60 training watch has a footpod that is really a high tech pedometer. Feeds in speed, distance, etc.

GPS watches or smartphone apps (MapMyRun or Endomondo) use the phone gps and are pretty accurate.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    app and i know that the church i run too and back to my house is .6 miles and down to the stop sight the other way is another .2 but the hills are whats killing me lol
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Have used all above plus Nike+ (sensor), Nike+ GPS (now Nike Running), iMapMyRun. Endomondo, Strava....

I like Nike+ the best because at the end of the year it does this amazing data analysis of your entire year's running, what your average distance/speed etc was, how much faster you got...how you compare to your age group/gender etc etc... Its fab!
    I use the Nike Running app too.
    A question for YOU do the Nike+ (sensor) and nike Running sync? I run on the dreadmill at least once a week, and as well know the GPS apps don't work so well there. I'm considering getting the sensor. Is it all seamlessly input to the same Nike account?
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 GPS watch.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I walk the field behind my house. I drove it in my car first to get my measurements! LOL
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options

I use the Nike Running app too.
    A question for YOU do the Nike+ (sensor) and nike Running sync? I run on the dreadmill at least once a week, and as well know the GPS apps don't work so well there. I'm considering getting the sensor. Is it all seamlessly input to the same Nike account?

yes it does. I have several sensors, as well as use the app inside/outside and use my ipod nano. They all go to my one Nike account.
    I personally love the Nike+ Running app on my iphone best.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    I use Nike+ Running for my iPhone. It tracks everything, gives you updates while you are running, and it gives you trophy's for beating records and such. I love Trophies.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My vehicle odometer. Yep, I'm a low-tech hillbilly!