Food help!

Options
13»

Replies

• Denisebeaird
    Options
    I agree that you are not eating enough and your body may be hanging on to some fat thinking your are starving yourself. As far as ideas for lunch without bread, I have invested in the Eating for Life recipe book and really enjoy the recipes. Many of them are already in our food diary and there are lots of ideas. Good Luck, think you are doing great. Remember you wont see your progress as much as others will.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    I did track them, for example, I did 5 reps of 5 sets of leg lifts, I did 12 sets of 3 reps of hand weight lifts etc. How do I know if I'm doing enough?

Easy easy ;) Don't fret that you may not be exercising enough. As an easy rule for any exercise, if you are doing your exercises with little to no effort, then you need to increase your pace, your repetitions, or add more stress via inclination or added weights. If you are doing 3x 30 squats easily then it's more productive to start using your handweights and in time increase it even more. Stick to your current exercise for two weeks and at the end of two weeks see if you need to adjust your exercise.

Look for bodyweight exercise routines on google like the one here: http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/full-body-bodyweight-workout.html (this is the second link that came up on google search). It will give you a better idea of what a workout plan should be.

So, are you saying that what I was doing was too easy? BTW I can't even do one pull up, plus I don't have the equipment to do it.:smile: I really felt a burn in my muscles with what I was doing. Here is all that I did just to let you know:
    Side leg raise (sets:4 Reps:5)
    Clamshell leg raise (Sets:4 Reps:5)
    Hip raise (Sets:4 Reps:5)
    Pistol squat (Sets:4 Reps:5)
    Sholder press with rotation (Sets:3 Reps:12)
    Lying triceps extension (Sets:3 Reps:12)
    Crunches (Sets 5 Reps 10)
    Planks (Sets 5 reps 30 seconds)
    THe single leg stretch (Sets 3 Reps 10)
    Cobra (15 reps)

What do you think? I found all these on different sites and stuff.

Also, is there something wrong with me that I can't do a single pull up? and it is difficult for me to do push ups?

Thanks again
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    Anyone? (Sorry, but I'm desperate):cry:
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    I know this is going to sound strange, but does anybody have any pictures of there abs?:embarassed: I want to know if mine are really as flabby as I think or if I am just getting paranoid. thnx!:happy: (Before and after pics would be great :-)
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you if you can't do a pull up or struggle with push ups. Actually, for someone out of shape (not working out on a regular basis) I wouldn't expect them to be able to do that for quite some time. Look, you will not change overnight. You can try...but unfortunately most things in life don't come quick or easy...especially changing your body. One day at a time.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    Bump
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    SO, I finished my food diary for today. Take a look. Thoughts?
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    EAT. MORE. I think about 20 people made this suggestion...some more than once. You are already at a healthy weight. You need to eat a good amount of food (think 1500-1700 calories) and work out with weights.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I know this is going to sound strange, but does anybody have any pictures of there abs?:embarassed: I want to know if mine are really as flabby as I think or if I am just getting paranoid. thnx!:happy: (Before and after pics would be great :-)

no one is seeing my abs! 10 years ago you could have. even before i gained weight I stopped caring about that. i was not meant to have a 6pack. back in the day i wore a bikini proudly, even into my 30's and smiled as the young girls walked by knowing i looked just as good. you get a little older and don't care so much about that.

i bet you look a lot better than you think. don't worry about being perfect. no one is.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    Bump.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    Ceck out yesterday's. Did I do a bit better? (ps. I am still getting over a darn flu, so I haven't done much strength training in the past week because my muscles ache so darn much! Is this really bad, or do you think I can just start again in a week?)
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Strive to eat no less than 1200 calories a day. Good luck.