Haters

Options
When I was at my heaviest weight in my life, I never realized how many people I allowed to enable me to be like that. When I lost 100 pounds, I also lost a lot of friends, and even some family members. I learned that when you change your behaviour , it forces others to look at themselves and change their behaviour with you, and some people just don't like that.....Oh, well, then I guess you were never my friend to begin with.

Replies

• aligarc07
    Options
    I am going threw some of the same kind of problem! Most of my friends are a lot heavier than me and love to eat out and eat horribly and not workout....when i try to motivate myself to do good things it feels like i will be losing friends if I do. I came here for support cause I dont seem to be getting it with anyone at home.
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's mostly that you are a constant reminder of what they could do but won't. Just keep on being yourself. You'll make new friends with similar interests.
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    I work with a "hater". She has lost weight but she eats like a pig - and hey, I'm not one to judge, but she always has a snide comment to make when I decline fast food or snacks because I'm watching my intake (and also trying to cut back on buying food). It's like she feels guilty for shoveling junk into her face so she assumes that my statement of "No pizza for me, I brought a salad" means "I'm better than you". It's maddening!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest weight in my life, I never realized how many people I allowed to enable me to be like that. When I lost 100 pounds, I also lost a lot of friends, and even some family members. I learned that when you change your behaviour , it forces others to look at themselves and change their behaviour with you, and some people just don't like that.....Oh, well, then I guess you were never my friend to begin with.

Congratulations on losing the weight and the "dead weight".:flowerforyou:
  • hisqtangel
    hisqtangel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Your always going to have those people who want to bring you down. The hardest part is not taking it personal. I have the hardest time not taking it to heart. But I try to look at it as if those people really care about me then they will want me to do better for myself, and that those who don't really have too many insecurities about their own lives. Congratulations on your weight loss! And let those haters be miserable by theirselves!!! :)
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I have my sister who makes fun of my breast size now and constantly talks about my derriere for being too small.

Of course when it was getting bigger no one was concerned. I had a 19 lbs jump in one month and noone thought to ask if something was wrong. I start losing as little as 5 lbs and people start to be "concerned"

Actually haters get concerned.

Good for you on losing the weight.

You have support here.