Okay - I'm a cheater......

Options
So I realize that from time to time (0kay 85%--90% +) I cheat when I'm logging my food on MFP.... I am so careful and weigh and measure EVERYTHING!!!! But when it comes down to it... I don't wan't it all and rarely eat everything on my plate.... I'm full or tired or whatever... I leave my plate and my food on the table.... and my honey finishes it for me... I DON"T change my diary though... good ---bad---makes no difference?? Help please.. Am I doing more harm than good? What's your opinion? Just curious ya know?

Replies

• vancemcdaniel
    Options
    Better to have a calorie deficit that is uncharted than a calorie surplus you are unaware of. :)
  • Jillkukulka
    Options
    I always put slightly more calories (don't deduct if i don't finish, etc.) and silghtly less exercise. Not enough to make a huge difference but enough to keep me in a safe zone and maybe add a couple ounces extra lost!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it's better to have more than less.

But for accuracy (I'm a data junkie), it's better to be accurate.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    if it's just a few bites here and there, don't worry about it. but if you're talking about 1/4 or more of your meals, every day, that is going to make a huge difference. and really, the point of logging is so that you are a) fully aware of what you are consuming, and b) so you (and others) can look back and see where you may have gone wrong if you aren't losing. if your diary isn't accurate, it isn't serving its purpose.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    if it's just a few bites here and there, don't worry about it. but if you're talking about 1/4 or more of your meals, every day, that is going to make a huge difference. and really, the point of logging is so that you are a) fully aware of what you are consuming, and b) so you (and others) can look back and see where you may have gone wrong if you aren't losing. if your diary isn't accurate, it isn't serving its purpose.

I would say its mostly dinners... I'm just done at the end of the day lately... I m not sure if I'm sabotaging my work.. *sigh*
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself doing this often, serve yourself smaller portions to begin with and eat more earlier in the day.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    The truth shall set you free...

a) do whatever works for you
    b) those numbers that are given out as calorie counts are only accurate plus/minus 20%, so you're never gonna get perfection anyway
    c) Seems like this would make things harder than they need to be.
  • PaleoRDH
    PaleoRDH Posts: 266
    Options
    If I end up eating more or less I always go back and adjust it. I really need to know where I am and what factors are affecting my weight. I figure if it's not accurate, then what's the point in doing it. And I log everything, If it's worth eating then I have to be true to myself about it, it's not like my body isn't going to know I went to Dairy Queen if it's not logged.......... I'm one of those nerd types though............ :ohwell:
  • absolutnonsense
    Options
    My food's usually pretty close to accurate, but I've been walking loads more places than I used to (and finding longer ways to walk back from places on nice evenings and such) and never log unless it's like a two hour walk or something.
    Which I suppose is pretty much the same…