Have lost lbs but not inches..

Options
..and wondering if this happened to anyone else that eats as I do which is most or all of my exercise calories? I was also doing the emtlw which I consider I am still doing that, just using the settings mfp gave me as I got confused and just figured to stick with one thing for awhile. I have lost 6 lbs in right about 2 months. Please no one tell me to change my numbers, I want to stick to this at least one more week to make sure that I keep losing steadily. Friends can see my diary and if anyone else wants to, well, I'll go put it on public now.

Ok back. Anyone can view it. Even non-members.

Feedback welcome but I won't eat under 1200 calories for those that might suggest it. I do eat under on occasion but if you'll notice, I eat over the next day, or, at over the previous day so I get it averaged out.

denise:drinker: :drinker: PS I don't always log my water but I always get at least 48 ounces a day.

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    stick with what you're doing..... 6lbs in 2 months is awesome. And there may be times you lose inches and not weight.... but it all evens out - we can't always make our bodies do what we want.... At least you're losing. :)
  • julesribar
    julesribar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey Denise...I cannot add much because you know I am a newbie (you were my first friend here!) but keep doing what you are doing and don't drop the calories. We didn't put this weight on in a few months and its not going to come off that fast either. Slow is the way to go!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Have you checked out Dans post and figured out your BMR and you TDEE? You need to eat more than you BMR and less than your TDEE. Once you know your TDEE( total daily energy expenditure) you should be eating your TDEE - 20%. It has been working for me - and I had been stuck for 2 months!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Ok, so it can be normal not to lose the inches? Just haven't heard that talked about much, ty a bunch;) I will stick with this and see how I am doing in another week;)
    stick with what you're doing..... 6lbs in 2 months is awesome. And there may be times you lose inches and not weight.... but it all evens out - we can't always make our bodies do what we want.... At least you're losing. :)
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    Ok Jules:) I'll just keep chuggin along and see how it goes after another week or so:) I won't drop calories. If anything, I'll add them because according to calculatiors like Scooby or the Miffin Joer, I'm eating a bit under what they say my BMR is.

Thank you and so glad we both found this site:) denise
    Hey Denise...I cannot add much because you know I am a newbie (you were my first friend here!) but keep doing what you are doing and don't drop the calories. We didn't put this weight on in a few months and its not going to come off that fast either. Slow is the way to go!!!! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • NWCountryGal
    Options
    I do know how to calculate all that and I did it for awhile but I didn't stick with it. When I realized I was defeating myself by skipping around with my numbers, worrying about one thing or another, I just stuck to MFP's calcs. I am not stuck since I am losing, but it was the inches I was concerned about. After another week or so, I will measure again. I am a bit concerned that I am eating to little even though it's hard to eat 1200 cals because I'm not hungry but I do it, and I still eat my exercise cals and sometimes over.
    Have you checked out Dans post and figured out your BMR and you TDEE? You need to eat more than you BMR and less than your TDEE. Once you know your TDEE( total daily energy expenditure) you should be eating your TDEE - 20%. It has been working for me - and I had been stuck for 2 months!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12