I need some positive vibes with insanity

Options
So, a couple people know already that i stopped smoking after 16 yrs and drinking since august 6th, thats the same day i started insanity.
In the mornings now i do hip hop abs and turbo jam and those 2 i can somewhat keep up with, now insanity is a whole other story, i try to keep up as good as i can but there a couple complications.

I can do most exercises but the ground stuff, especialy push ups and the variations of it are big obstacles for me. The reasons, well, i broke both my color bones in the past, atm i am overweight so it hurts alot to do pushups and a belly prevens certain exercises too. Also i feel some aches in my left knee.

Now i am not slacking it cause i sweat like crazy but i cant do all of the exercises and that bums me out.

Replies

• basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would do some of the other moves that you can do, during the time that they're doing the moves you can't do!
  • Sherilynn1966
    Options
    Sounds like you are at least trying. If you keep it up, you will be doing those exercises before you know it.
    And congratulations on the quitting smoking and drinking! Way to go!
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Well i am giving it my all. i quitted smoking cold turkey, and last week i only ate healthy and only drink water and green tea (i also used to be a junkfood junkie) havent cheated in anything although i had some serious urges :)

It's just frustrating when the mind is willing but the body isn't working with me.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Great job on quitting smoking and moving into a healthier lifestyle! Feel free to add me and message me for Insanity support I am a queen at that! LOVE that program :) I am in the latest infomercial due to my results and I can honestly tell you when I started Ithought I was going to die! I could not finish stuff and was so out of breath :) Keep up the good work!
  • MiaMcBetty
    Options
    First of all, good on you for not giving up!! The most important thing is that you just keep moving in some way or another. As mentioned above, just continue doing some of the moves that you can do!
    Or do half the amount of the difficult moves/go slower etc.

Insanity is one hell of a workout, even for the fittest people! So well done and good luck :)
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    lol ... way to go ... you just need to give it time ... it will all come thogether.... once you lose some of the weight, some of the exercises should become easier ... Though... I cant do push ups either ... I have the insanity tapes but havent started them yet
    plan to start this winter, once it gets too cold to run and bike out side.. right now I'm not running for 2 weeks due to heel pain ..., so listen to your body ... it will be worse if you injure yourself.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I would do some of the other moves that you can do, during the time that they're doing the moves you can't do!

This. There were times when I just had no juice left so instead of standing there I would do something that I could do.
  • m_wyandt
    Options
    I just finished day 74 of P90X; kudos to you doing Insanity! I am going to do 120 days of P90X Lean, then jump to the Classic version and do another 120 days. I think I'll try Insanity after that.

I would suggest getting through one program completely, then working up. And dont worry about not being able to do all the reps and moves right out of the box; thats unrealistic, especially if you are in the process of doing other routines at the same time. Also, with your injuries, have you considered doing pushups on your knees? Yeah, I know, its girly :p But it might help!

Work at it one step at a time, and Im sure you will be absolutely great! Sending good juju your way!!!
  • holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Just give it your absolute best and when you can't go anymore, just hold yourself in the plank position while they finish that part. You will get there, just give it time. My wife, who is very fit, could not do a pushup to save herself prior to insanity. Now with a couple of rounds of it, she can bang out pushups like mad. Give it time but don't ever give in!