How to stop weighing yourself??

Options
I weigh myself every morning and everytime i gain like .1 lbs i get so pissed off and get frustrated...
Im really trying not to weigh myself for at least 2 weeks... any advice?
I placed the scale in my parents room but i could not resist myself from going on it today.

Replies

• GabsMommy28
    GabsMommy28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Maybe try getting a footlocker or a lockable box big enough for it and give the key to your parents and make sure they don't give it to you?
    I have my under towels in the linen closet. Out of sight, out of mind.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Lend your scales to a friend?
    Or lock it somewhere and tape the key underneath a table. So it's not worth the effort of getting the scales out
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    throw away the scale!!!
  • heytherestephy
    heytherestephy Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I had my boyfriend hide our scale when I was out of the house, I obsessively would weigh myself all day long every single day. And anytime I gained or stayed the same I'd get incredibly depressed, being someone with Body Dysmorphia and Depression it can take a toll. I know where it is now, I found it a while ago and I've taken it out a couple times since to weight myself but honestly if I can't see it, I forget about it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just stop.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit aria scale, so everytime I step on the scale it will transmit my info to my fitbit account. I can't risk weighing multiple times a day on that thing, so I do once a day in the morning before my shower. :)
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

It's not that easy. It's a habit that you grow into and is hard to break.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Just think about what you said. It pisses you off. It pisses a lot of people off. You need to stay away from it. For real. Or you are gonna end up discouraging yourself to the point where you fall off the wagon. The scale isn't a measure of true progress. I stopped weighing in so much and am just going with it. You need to learn to do that. It will be much more beneficial.
  • AppleJuiceMoney
    Options
    Place a bottle of water next to your bed, and every morning when you wake up drink 2 cups of water. That way you can't weigh yourself because you know that the scales will be thrown off from the water weight and won't be accurate, and you get the added bonus of 2 glasses of water first thing in the morning which has many health benefits :)
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Simple. Don't keep a scale. Why torture yourself?
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I got a fitbit aria scale, so everytime I step on the scale it will transmit my info to my fitbit account. I can't risk weighing multiple times a day on that thing, so I do once a day in the morning before my shower. :)

What is the risk with the aria scale? How does that work? I have a fitbit and am curious about the scale.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

It is. I have a scale, too.
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It helps me keep focused on keeping up my good habits, but yes, it does tend to frustrate me sometimes. However, when my weight does go up from one day to the next, I just go back in my weight tracking, and I see how my weight that days compares to 1 week ago and 2 weeks ago. That helps remind me that it's all relative, and that as long as the trend is downward from one week to the next, everything's cool.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Get rid of your scale. I'm serious. In the garbage. Gone. Done.

Only weigh yourself at the gym/doctor's office/the pharmacy.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Go all Office Space on that thing...(rememeber the scene in Office Space where they take out that printer??).

I don't have a scale at home. Can't weigh myself unless i am at the gym.
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Throw out the scale, buy a camera and a measuring tape!

The last time I weighed myself was in June. I only lost 500 grams in 1 month, and only a few cm's. So i decided to take photos to see the difference from photos i took a few months previously. I wasn't expecting to see much change. I was wrong. I could see so many changes! Then I decided to go clothes shopping...i had dropped 1 to 2 sizes in everything I tried on!

500grams (0.5 kilos or 1.1 pound) doesn't sound like much. Dropping 1 to 2 sizes and great photos does :-)

Haven't weighed myself since :-)
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No one is addressing the real issue WHY you do it. Why is there such an obsession? Why is it controlling you? What other focus could you be doing?
    What would you do if there was no such thing as a scale? What would you do?
    Try to answer some of these questions. Hope it helps.
    My best to you.:glasses:
  • immeagain
    Options
    I honestly say weigh yourself more. Do it 4 or 5 times a day. I'm not joking either, learn how your body changes and how the weight fluctuates throughout the day. Weigh first thing in the morning after you pee, then 10 minutes later after walking around but not eating. You will see a difference. I have seen up to a 1lb difference even. Weigh after you eat, after you shower. Learn how the weight changes, it will get you seeing that the scale is not evil but that your body changes.

Then sit back, look at your food journal and evaluate if you did anything to cause that 1lb gain or is it just water, swelling, salt, etc.... Learn to use the scale as a tool, just like your diary... it is not the enemy. I laugh at some of the gains sometimes because I know that they are ridiculous and not something I am doing. We have no control over what choices our body makes.
  • prettylise
    Options
    For the past year or so, I couldn't go more than one day without weighing myself. But once I could tell from my clothes, pictures, and my mirror that I was losing weight, I stopped obsessing over the number. Granted, I still weigh myself twice a week or so, but the number doesn't even phase me now.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Just stop.

It is. I have a scale, too.

No, it really is that easy. Sure, sometimes I'm tempted to jump on it, but I know that if I eat or drink something, my weight is going to go up. It's not very hard to grasp. If I weighed myself every single day and got frustrated with .1 gain on the scale. I'd probably shoot myself. Why do that to yourself? Once a week, same time. Easy. Put it away after your weigh in.