Zombies, Run

Options
Not an advertisement! But the last few weeks, I have been using this iPhone app, Zombies, Run! Loving it! You can set it to a 30-minute or 1 hour run (or walk). It tells a story about you (Runner 5) in a town that is holding out in a Zombie-heavy environment, alternating between events in the story timeline and your own music. If you're bored with running or walking to music, you might check it out.

Replies

• RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!! I've finished that app!!!! Waiting impatiently for the next missions (or as I call it, "Season 2").
  • ourwickedlies
    ourwickedlies Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It sounds really fun and like something I'd enjoy, but $8 is a little pricey for an app.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Now that I can actually run straight, I might have to look into this! I think it would be fun for my husband and I to do together. After all, we are training for the zombie apocalypse ;P
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love it! It makes the run go by so quickly!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if you had to be a good runner to do this. I am about to start Week 7 of C25K, so I am only up to running for 25 minutes at a time...and quite slowly. I will finish C25k, then I think I will need to running from the zombies too!
  • moxiecowgirl
    moxiecowgirl Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My 20-year-old daughter LOVES this app!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if you had to be a good runner to do this. I am about to start Week 7 of C25K, so I am only up to running for 25 minutes at a time...and quite slowly. I will finish C25k, then I think I will need to running from the zombies too!

No, you don't have to be a good runner -- all you have to do to evade the zombies is to run (or walk) faster for a minute or so.
    I run with this now and again and last week I used it during a run/walk and all I had to do to "get away" was speed up from a walk to a slow run.

It's fun! And yes, I agree that $8 seems expensive for an app - but I pay $5 for a coffee without thinking about it, so when I put it into perspective, I decided to give it a go.
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It's on Android too. Pricey for an app though with so many people posting issues with it. I really want to try it out.
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BEST 8 bucks I've ever spent!
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at this app for a while and it looks like a lot of fun. I don't usually buy apps I think this will be a reward for finishing C25K. :)
  • Lessa77
    Lessa77 Posts: 7
    Options
    I haven't had issues with it except when a call comes in and I have to reject it. Love it! I have my c2k app running at the same time and the "run" is so much more enjoyable. I got the app when it was on sale for $4 so keep an eye out. That being said I would absolutely pay the full price for this app to make runs not suck so much.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I had wondered if I could run both C25K and Zombies, Run at the same time. Good to know.
  • Sneaky__B
    Sneaky__B Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I had talked myself out of doing a run tonight - then I read this, bought the app, and wanted to try it right away. Just got back from a nice 40 minute run... that is 40 minutes of exercise I absolutely wouldn't have done if I hadn't seen this.

I ran a marathon in May and since then I have fallen right off the wagon b/c I had running overload. This is the perfect thing to make it seem a little more fun & not the chore that marathon training was.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    I've heard many good things about this app, in fact, I'm planning to buy it in Dec when the weather hits below 20's in this corner of the world. I need something to entertain me while running in the treadmill - Dreadmill-.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I have it for my Android phone and it works perfectly. It is so fun! I would have paid $15 for it, it is that awesome.

I keep doing the first mission over and over again because I am working up to running faster and longer!
  • Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I love this app SOOOOO much I made a group on here :)
  • stevier
    stevier Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Getting tired of running was EXACTLY why I bought this app. It really inspires me. I "hear" that they will release new storylines (like "seasons" or "series" of TV shows) on occasion, and I am already looking forward to spending another $8 on the new one!

The only real problem I had with it is the GPS and time calculation (on Android). But you can run RunKeeper at the same time as Zombies, Run, so I use that to just "double check" my pace. I'm pretty retentive about my records on Daily Mile, so that's been useful.
  • Wen37
    Wen37 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I think this is exactly what I need to get me back into running. Sounds like so much fun. I love Zombies :)
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I bought this app when I first started running, and I wish I wouldn't have bought it. Its an okay app, just not worth 8$! I personally like just listening to music when I run because I get lost in thought sooo easily that way. After ever song the app talks to you aaand I guess it kinda makes me bored ha. But hey, we all have different opinions! At least we're running! :) haha
  • kduzera
    kduzera Posts: 15
    Options
    It is a great app.
    I'm on mission 17 and can wait for the next one.

Anyone running from zombies and liking it feel free to add me.

Runner #5