Quick, Easy, CLEAN recipes

Options
jkrim941
jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
My bf and I have been talking about eating better. Any MFPers out there have quick, clean weeknight dinner recipes? Or even really good, but involved clean recipes?

Replies

• acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    The Spicy Sweet Potato Hash off this site is incredibly easy and fast. I used ground turkey and it was sooo good. I also didn't bother to shred the potato, just matchsticked it.

http://www.whatigather.com/2012/02/spicy-sweet-potato-hash.html
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS.... helps with getting the veggies in, too!

Two cruciferous vegetables are brought together with colorful pepper to tempt you with a super healthy salad. The dressing gives it an Asian flavor and the peanuts add a special crunch.

4 cups broccoli
    2 cups shredded cabbage
    2 medium red and green bell peppers, thinly sliced
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1 cup frozen peas
    1 cup cooked spaghetti pasta, cut in 3 inch pieces
    Dressing:

1/2 cup rice vinegar
    1/4 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 cup honey
    1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
    Dash garlic powder
    Topping:

1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
    Cut broccoli stems in thin julienne slices. Cut head of broccoli into small florets. Place in a large bowl. Add shredded cabbage, peppers, onion, peas, and pasta. Set aside.

In a jar or small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Blend with a food processor or hand held blender. Pour over vegetables and stir to mix well. Cover and refrigerate.

When ready to serve, top with peanuts.

Serves 10

Nutritional Information per serving:

Calories: 160
    Fat, gm: 8
    Protein, gm.: 5
    Carbs, gm.: 18
    Cholesterol, mg.: 0
    Fiber, gm.: 3.2
  • yocando
    Options
    I've never made this, but I'm going to- this weekend... .it's just the kind of recipe I've been looking for... . just found it online.

Whole Wheat Orzo & Lentil Salad with Orange Dressing

Regular orzo, or any small-shape pasta, would work equally well here.

1 cup whole wheat orzo (or regular), uncooked
    1 cup lentils (any variety), uncooked
    1 tbsp orange zest
    1/4 cup fresh orange juice
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
    1 cup chopped roasted red bell pepper
    1/2 small red onion, diced
    1/2 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsely leaves, chopped
    Optional: 1/2 cup crumbled feta or goat cheese

Cook the orzo and lentils in two separate saucepans according to the directions (orzo should be al dente, lentils should be tender, but not falling apart). Drain both the orzo and lentils.

Whisk the orange zest, orange juice, olive oil, lemon juice, mustard,cumin, salt, and peper in a large bowl; add roasted peppers, onion, parsley, and the warm orzo and warm lentils and remaining ingredients, tossing gently to coat. Season with additional salt & pepper to taste. The salad is delciious warm, room temperature, or chilled. Makes 8 servings.
  • jkrim941
    jkrim941 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Mmm these all sound good. Thanks!
  • janvcooper
    janvcooper Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Salmon grilled or broiled on a bed of mixed greens and vegetables with some lemon and pepper on it keeps me full for hours and is really easy to fix, especially if you've done the salad before hand. I dress with (shudder) 2 tablespoons of good seasonings fat free italian, which is loaded with preservatives and salt, but you can do a vinegrette with a little olive oil, some spices and garlic if you want clean. I think there's something magic about salmon and satiety.
  • yocando
    Options
    I substitute snap peas and cut them up in small pieces (and don't use frozen peas)... i use yellow, not dijon, mustard. I use whole grain, high protein spaghetti....
  • Looser5555
    Options
    Bumpfor later!!
  • deniselynn13
    deniselynn13 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I own all of the Best of Clean Eating Cookbooks as well as the Eat Clean Diet Cookbooks and eat out of those all the time!!! Some of the recipes are super quick and easy and others are a little more labor intensive, but they are all DELICIOUS!!!!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your definition of clean is
  • NinaWren
    Options
    Well, it really does depend on how you define clean. One that I like (that is really low cal for a main dish) is chicken alfredo:

Ragu reduced fat alfredo sauce
    whole grain noodles (any kind but i prefer spaghetti style)
    oscar meyer deli fresh grilled chicken breast strips

follow serving sizes on the noodles, use half a jar of sauce, and all the chicken. MIX TOGETHER. you use less sauce if you mix it instead of topping the noodles with it. cut the chicken as smalll as you like. It's fabulous and my whole family loves it
  • jessimurph
    jessimurph Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My most requested recipe is adapted from here

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/07/sausage-stuffed-zucchini-boats.html

I don't eat dairy so I don't add the cheese and I add waaay more veggies and use ground turkey breast instead of sausage sometimes....or do half sausage half ground turkey breast. It is very filling and nice enough to serve guests without being too difficult.

My diary is open, you can look through for ideas. I also love to roast veggies (asparagus and broccoli mostly)with no oil and serve with grilled chicken or fish.