Wedding Day Mission

Options
Hello! I'm a 21-year-old "Bride to Be" on a mission to shed some pounds and tone some muscles for my wedding next May. I'd love to receive and give some motivation to any other newly engaged girls out there who are on the same mission. What's your game plan? What are your strategies? How do you stay motivated? How excited are you to get married!?!?!?!

Replies

• Julesmac8
    Options
    Hi! I am newly engaged also and looking to slim down for the wedding. I am 26 and used to love running. Lately I have been lacking motivation to get out there, but I just signed up for a race in September so I'm hoping that helps. Feel free to add me!
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 26, and am getting married April of next year! I have already lost 48 pounds, but would like to lose at least another 52 before the wedding, if not more.

Currently, my strategy is doing weight training (Heavy) four times a week, and bodyweight strength exercises two days a week. No scheduled cardio, but I'm trying to be more active throughout my day. (I have a fitbit to track my steps).

Food wise, I'm not giving anything up, just making healthier choices and eating what I would normally eat, but in smaller portions. I've also upped my protein intake waaaay up, and that combined with the strength training has done the most good in getting me a steady 2 pound loss each week, without long bouts of cardio, yay!

Feel free to add me if you want. :)
  • sgothier
    Options
    Yay! Way to go, ladies! Thanks for responding. I know it's going to be very motivational for me to read about other success stories from future brides. My plan of attack is to keep going strong with my P90X workout. I started about two months ago but stopped using it for three weeks when my military fiance came home. Now that he's gone, I'm going back on the routine and sticking to a healthy nutrition plan. I've got about nine months to whip myself in to shape!
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Congrats and good luck!

Im 27 and finally marrying my other half of 9 years. Looking to lose 48lbs. Already down 11lbs in last 3 weeks. Doing Kettlebell training and running.

Date of wedding is October 2013
  • loyaltyx3
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am also a Bride to be!! You must be going crazy over wedding planning lol