Looking for a good pedometer

Options
I have a pedometer that is pretty simple. Measures my steps for the day, calories burned, ksteps taken on a daily basis. I'm looking for one that is a little more high tech, but not too crazy. I remember reading about one in a magazine that will tell you how many more steps you need to take through out the day and be a motivator to keep you moving. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• masirahmo
    masirahmo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've spent quite a lot of money on pedometers over the years, and I've never found one yet that I was completely happy with; although Omron as a make was probably the best. It even went through the washing machine a few times and still worked! I've just bought myself a FitBit Ultra which monitors nearly everything including sleep! Steps, calories burnt, stairs climbed etc.. It synchs with your computer and gives you a complete breakdown. Also links to this. I've seen a few people moaning about it and saying that the step counter isn't accurate - but it's a damned sight more accurate than any pedometer I've ever had, and not that much more expensive than a replacement Omron. I've had it about 3 weeks now and I love it! It's certainly given me a kick up the backside as I was nowhere near as active as I thought I was.

Hope this helps:wink:
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    +1 for the Fitbit!
  • oeagleo
    oeagleo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into the Fitbit? It is a pedometer of sorts, but goes beyond to show calories burned, stairs climbed, sleep patterns, etc. It is set up online, according to your age, weight, etc, and gives you goals, to achieve. You can check it against your goals, and I really love mine. It also interfaces with MFP, and other applications. I have had a few pedometers, and they're interesting to see how far you've walked, but none have done the job the Fitbit has.

Yes, I am reminded, it's the Fitbit Ultra, and yes, I love it, and wouldn't trade it for any other device that tries to do the same..
  • happythermia
    Options
    Sounds like you're talking about the FitBit Ultra! I have one and I love it :-)