Any 5'6" women out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• celverdi
    celverdi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", medium build, and currently 159 lbs. I'm shooting for 135-130. In high school I weighed 115 and was way too skinny. I was extremely athletic and my metabolism was in overdrive at the time. After high school I gained the dreaded freshman 15 (although I wasn't in college) and realized I looked better at 130 that I ever did! I had curves but I wasn't fat at all. It was nice to be able to fill out my bra! lol That was the weight I was when I got married. Its been 10 years, and 2 kids since then. I don't expect to look like I did at 20, but it would be nice to be the "hot" mom! lol
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal was 134 because losing 100 lbs sounded like a good goal to shoot for. However, my sister is the same height/body type and in the 127-135 lb range and she looks a lot thinner than I'd like to look. I figure I'll just keep aiming at fitness goals (being able to do pull ups, improving my 5k times, etc...) and end up where I end up.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    That is def within a healthy target rate. Mine is higher, at least for the time being. My goal is 145. I was really athletic, and am pretty muscular and have a pretty large frame, so I can't see myself getting much smaller on the scale than that. However, I think I'll see as I get closer if I need to adjust my goal (that being higher, or lower). Just as long I know I am healthy and comfortable with the way I look.
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Vanessa and im 5ft 6in
    Medium/Large frame
    CW-131.8
    GW-125
    UGW-123
    Also looking to be more toned ! Feel free to add me as a friend if u like ; )
  • elisemarlee
    Options
    Hello! I'm 5'6, used to weigh 125 - 130, then I got pregnant and came out at 205! :O Now I have 3 beautiful kiddos, my youngest is 15 months and I'm finally down to around 160 and still have another 25 to my goal! I think 135 is a good weight for our height. Forget about all that BMI crap.. some stupid chart can't tell what your body type is like!

I'm new here too by the way! :)
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'6 (well just a smidge under) as well and have a small frame. About 2 years ago I unintentionally dropped a bunch of weight from about 148 to 127 when I had to change my diet for allergy/hormone reasons. I kept that off for the most part until last year, but really I was just skinny fat. I run, but I wasn't doing much else aside from yoga here and there and I really wasn't eating much due to my new diet restrictions (I didn't know what I could eat yet). Fast forward and I've gained a few pounds, but I am eating a lot more and can stay fairly steady at 134-138ish. I would really like to get to 123-125, but still eat a fair amount and weight train to add muscle back. I am currently doing a bootcamp program 5 days a week and after 4 weeks feel so much stronger and tighter already. Just taking the loss very slowly so that it is sustainable long term :)
  • cjsmommy7
    cjsmommy7 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5'6 and currently weigh 157 lbs goal weight is 148lbs then will reassess. Im quite athletic so dont know how thats gonna look on me at the moment im comfortably in a size 10 (UK)
  • kero2012
    Options
    Hi I'm 5' 6, At my heaviest i was 252 lb, I joined mfp at 249 and currently I'm 233lb so for now I wanna get under 200 and my goal is 140 but if I get to 160 I'll be very happy! I really want to reduce visceral fat. Main thing is the numbers are going in the right direction!! Best of luck!
  • ladyheroJ
    Options
    I'm 5'6" too. :) My highest weight was around 170, and now I'm around 140. The ideal weight for our height is something like 137 (I've read different numbers from different sources, but they've all ranged between 136 and 139.) So my goal is 135. Which is a bit under, but I want to give myself some room for fluctuation.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6''! My goal is around 115 because of my love handles. They won't go away until I get to a lower weight. Once I get there I don't mind gaining more weight if it's adding muscle. I weighed 118 and still had those damn love handles, though (and didn't look super thin)!
  • nicolars1977
    Options
    according to my doctor i am 5'5 and should weight 140lbs
  • doloreskent
    doloreskent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 61/2 and my weight is 123 lbs. I am small frame. For medium frame you may need to add 5 to 10 lbs. and for a large frame another 5 to ten. It's always best to shoot for the lower side of your weight window. For me, my window is 122-127 lbs. If I stay in the 122 side, when I go on vacation or when I find myself getting out of my good routine and gain a little, I will still be in my range! And it will easier for me to get back on track in a couple of weeks.
  • doloreskent
    doloreskent Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What is the base for you doctor's suggestion? That's extremely high for a woman your height.
  • AbundantPraise2
    Options
    I am 5"6" and have actually been 135 pounds; I think that is a good weight for our height, however I would like to say I have a small frame.
  • dub73
    dub73 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hi. I am 5.5 1/2. I am a curvy sista, so my goal right now is to aim at 175. I am just taking it one step at a time and I am loving where I am at so far. Finally, something that works for me. :drinker: