Green powder shakes

Options
Hello All,

I've been trying to eat healthier as I continue to diet but I'm really bad with eating lots of vegetables. Yesterday I found all these different green powder shakes you can take that are full of vegetables and nutrients but I can't really tell the different between all of the brands out there/what they do.

Here are a couple I was looking at:
http://www.amazon.com/Greens-Amazing-Superfood-Natural-Servings/dp/B004I4BJ2C/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1341840585&sr=8-6&keywords=mega+green+powder

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Grass-Chocolate-Superfood-Container/dp/B001J9LX48/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341840535&sr=8-1&keywords=green+powder+shake

Does anyone know anything about these shakes or which ones are the best?

Could really use some help, thanks!

Replies

• mshapiro1
    mshapiro1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hm, maybe I'll try that one then. Do you know anything about it? Like are there actual benefits to taking it?
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Mega greens powder drink for a couple of weeks now and love it! I can't say that i've had an concrete proof it's doing good but I feel great knowing I'm getting all those vitamins in. I'll also say the first couple of times the taste isnt great but now it just tastes like water to me.

I make up a litre bottle of it and drink it at my desk (perhaps doing 2 bottles a day depending on how I feel) and I just give it a quick shake with the lid on before I drink just to make sure it's not grainy and just sip it throughout the day.

It freaks all my colleagues out though! They're convinced Im drinking pond water
  • evademers
    Options
    Pure green protein thats what i use to add to my herbalife shake when i need to add extra protein. See if they have a website :)
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    They seem similar, but one is chocolate flavoured.

I have a green powder drink every morning - I use wheatgrass. I find it is good for giving me energy. It apparently has all the vitamins and minerals and amino acids that you get in green veg. I also eat veg though - I just like the wheatgrass because it gives me more energy, and I like how the drink tastes. I sometimes also take spirulina, which is also apparently very healthy, but it tastes vile!