Oh no...not the gym !!

Options
I try to go to the YMCA most evenings. At the beginning of the week I do well. But, as the week goes on I have a tendency to lose all motivation. I find all sorts of excuses for not going. Can anyone give me some thoughts to get me going?

Replies

• azzacca
    azzacca Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Find a friend to go with you. Find an activity that you crave.

My best friend and I spend about 45 minutes on Monday and Friday doing aqua aerobics (no class, just the two of us doing a good workout) and talking. It's our "us" time. And it really helps.
  • robynschaffner
    robynschaffner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Otherwise just look at a picture of someone in great shape, and also convince yourself to just put on your workout clothes because you have a goal to reach and whoever you are looking at didn't do it by sitting still. Once I have those on I actually can't wait for the feeling after the exercise, and the refreshing shower after... remind yourself how good you will feel after, even if it is a drag to get there.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Been on my journey for 38 straight months and have had many cases where I sat in my car trying to talk myself out of going. But in the end the only advice I can give is "JUST DO IT!!" I have never went into the gym and not come out feeling great!! Maybe tired but always felt much better than when I went in....... Best of Luck