Ever leaving MFP?

Are you planning on leaving MFP at any point? Once you've achieved your goal or learned how to maintain? Or is this a new lifestyle for you that you will remain part of forever?

MFP takes up so much of my daily life, I don't know if it's somewhere I want to be forever...

Replies

• TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    I think tracking what I eat, with being verging on morbidly obese, is something I am going to have to keep up for a long time once I get to my target weight. It needs to be a complete lifestyle change and I need to make sure I completely relearn how to eat, not only for weightloss but also then to maintain and stay at a healthy weight.

I'll see how it goes when I get there.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Also it doesn't need to be every meal every day once you are maintaining. Maybe checking in every so often just to make sure you stay on track.
  • misslady72
    misslady72 Posts: 37 Member
    Im nowhere near goal yet but my weight loss/maintenance will be a lifelong journey. So I can't see leaving anytime soon if ever. Long as I have a computer or phone, I'm going to be here :)
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I've logged daily for almost a year now.

I'm not sure I'll ever want to give it up. When I slack off, I start to slip. I need accountability.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    It keeps me accountable on the food I put into my body. I'll probably keep logging even after I hit my goal.
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    I need accountability.

This is a really good point. I feel less tempted to 'cheat' because I know my mfp friends will see it!!
  • Afaida
    Afaida Posts: 142 Member
    I know at some point it will cross my mind to give it up, I also know that is when my weight will speedily creep back up. I hope I can stick it out for life!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Started for the logging/tracking. Staying cuz of my friends. I don't think I ever could leave them..
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    I will most likely use MFP to maintain once I get to where I need to be. It gives me total accountability and I like the friends I made on here. We support each other which is most important.
  • I've not even close to reaching my goal weight but I've debated logging off for the last time, multiple times. While it's great to have accountability, I get a little too absorbed in calorie counting, and that's not where I want to be forever, i.e. constantly aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, or when I'm not panicking about it. I guess I'm just one of those who doesn't find a happy medium. Graaah.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Started for the logging/tracking. Staying cuz of my friends. I don't think I ever could leave them..

Yeah won't keep my login streak alive but I can't leave you crazy *kitten*!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Are you planning on leaving MFP at any point? Once you've achieved your goal or learned how to maintain? Or is this a new lifestyle for you that you will remain part of forever?

MFP takes up so much of my daily life, I don't know if it's somewhere I want to be forever...

I think I'll stick around. Not being on a community like this is what got me here. Perhaps when I've reached my goal weight I'll cut down my activity to just my pals and groups, cutting out the larger forums...but that all depends on time. I know better than to think I should go it alone.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Using the iPhone app I don't feel like I'm even here. Logging has just become a part of the daily routine. I'll be here for life.
  • terrabit
    terrabit Posts: 33 Member
    nm
  • serentity78
    serentity78 Posts: 89 Member
    I also have a long way to go and I doubt I will be as active once I lose. Yea its life long but by the time I lose it should be kinda second nature what to do.
  • Selma10001984
    Selma10001984 Posts: 206 Member
    I will be leaving MFP once I reach my goal weight (it' ll take a while)...but I don't want to think about weight and calories the rest of my life. Once I am done changing my lifestyle and developped healthy habits there is no reason to become slave to logging etc :)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Eventually I will. I don't see My Fitness Pal as a permanent fixture in my life.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    I tried to quit tracking for three days and gained weight. I definitley need to see the numbers
    in order to keep myself on track. When you plug something in and realize that it is twice the
    amount of calories than you thought it was, is enought to keep me at MFP.
  • Baybbee123
    Baybbee123 Posts: 57 Member
    This is a great question I was just thinking about yesterday. I am well over 100 lbs away from a final goal, but I thought about this too.

That's going to be tough to decide. I completely agree that it'll be easier to slip up if I'm away, but I DO want to get comfortable enough with what I eat everyday to be able to do it on my own without having to log every single calorie that goes into my mouth (honestly....as much as I love it here, it's exhausting to keep up with logging the food...guessing/remembering what to log/figuring out what to eat).

I guess I'll tackle this one when I get there but for now I'd say no....I won't leave :)
  • JasonD334
    JasonD334 Posts: 94 Member
    MFP can turn into just another social site very easily, and when I start seeing people getting more posts and encouragement for silly things then things related to fitness and wellness, then yes I think about leaving. In the end though, the site is what you make it. -- I do enjoy the dairies and the challenges, just not all the other aspects.