Restarting this- Looking for others for support

Options
I have tried losing weight multiple times. Last week I weighed in at 299 and almost cried I swore to never see the 300 mark so here I am. Only it feels different this time. Real and personal I guess :) Just yesterday I took myself on a 7.2 mile walk. I wasn't quite in shape as I thought but it felt like climbing my own mini fat walk Mount Everest :) When I came home i totally did the rocky fist pump in my driveway :) I hope to find like minded friends to have Rocky moments with me :)

Replies

• stork32
    stork32 Posts: 36
    Options
    GOod luck on your journey! You're def not alone. Feel free to add me for some additional support. :) I was just on here looking for support yesterday!
  • Larousse77
    Options
    Me too, weighed myself at the end of a 2 week vacation and it was scary! So this is my second day back on here after being away nearly a year!

Larousse
  • kayderkam
    kayderkam Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi. I understand how you feel, I have never felt so horrible about myself. I decided to get on the dreaded scale the other day, and low and behold... surprise surprise, I weighed more then I ever have. You can add me, I have never tried this site before, so I am new. I like it allot so far! Good luck to you!
  • alycat06
    alycat06 Posts: 75
    Options
    You are absolutely not alone! I would be happy to join you in the Rocky fist pump moments! Feel free to add me!
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It's a long road, but I'm sure you can do it. Feel free to add me too, we can support each other along the way.
  • roxxie1988
    roxxie1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too am struggling as I have reached the highest point my weight has ever been. I am new on this site but find the accountability helpful. We all need support from others who can related to what we are feeling.
  • cbrown19
    Options
    Tyna, I know it's discouraging but sounds like you are already healthier! I am making my friends do the fitnesspal too because I do better when I can cheerlead them on- it keeps me on task! I bet it would help you too! Feel free to add me if you want to root for me and I'll certainly root for you!!
  • Srogas
    Srogas Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I was away and came back this summer. I am in the obese category for the first time in my life. Time to take care of me. I would love to be a friend to all of you to give you support and encouragement! :)
  • lpeace2u
    lpeace2u Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 8 months. I lost 22 lbs. gained 5 back. Now i'm back at it! Please add me for motivation.
  • grasshopper3988
    Options
    This is my third and final try at this. I just signed up and got started yesterday. Similar story, I weighed in at 197 and promised myself I would NOT get to 200. Please feel free to add me & we can support each other!
  • Chris6111729
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well. . .

I totally struggle with the motivation part of this. . .I have been in and out of here like 4 times this year alone. . .

I've had some success, however got back on the scale and was a nice round 262. . .I hadn't been over the 260 mark in 5 years, it was personal mission to stay under that level and I felt as long as i was under it I was okay, let's bear in mind I was always over 250. . .

About 5 years ago I got myself down to about 220, and it's been all up hill from there. . .

Best of luck to all. . .
  • kharmon70
    kharmon70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. I lost 220lbs and kept if off for 4 years. Within the last 8 months I allowed myself to gain 45lbs back. During the last 8 months I tried to start over at least a dozen times, but it just didn't work after a day, two at the most. However, this time I am on my second week and have lost 10 lbs of the 45 I have to lose. It is different this attempt at starting over, maybe the timing just had to be spot on. Anyway, this time I believe it is. I wish you luck and hope you stay the course. :smile:
  • talaysia3
    talaysia3 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Good for you going on your walk of 7.2 miles :smile:
  • lovelycandy
    Options
    God luck with this. I know I need some and I'm here if you need some motivation. In the same boat.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    7.2 miles? WOW that's pretty amazing :-) You can add me if you'd like
  • tbetts23
    tbetts23 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We all have that aha moment. Mine happened when I had to go to the big girl section for clothes for my fathers funeral. It's a tough journey but this site is an amazing source of support and encouragement. Add me if you'd like.:flowerforyou:
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    support, support, support offered here. feel free to add if you like. alone its much harder, together, all things are possible!!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!! Lots of wonderful support here! :flowerforyou:

BTW....I noticed that you are just down the road from me...I'm also in KY!
  • hayley9914
    hayley9914 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have been down the weightloss road so many times over the years, but I feel different this time too. I actually believe I can change my lifestyle with the help and support from this site. Feel free to add me for some extra support! x
  • Kswiss83
    Kswiss83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I am on here for the first time. However, I had lost 70 lbs on WW and have gained a little more than half back. Add me for support. I will definitely need it as well =)