Breakfast Ideas?

Options
So, I currently eat cereal for breakfast just about everyday because, it is quick and easy and i can take it to work with me. But, I have noticed that it is difficult to find low sugar cereal that isnt so bland! I like Cheerios and Chex but, they get boring after while. I used to eat Special K but, have noticed that the glycemic intake on them is much higher then I should eat. I will still eat my cereal but, was wondering if there were any shakes or something easy and quick y'all would recommend. I have considered Carnation Instant Breakfast as another alternative but, havent really checked out the sugar intake on them.

Ideas please!

BTW, I am Hypoglycemic, hence the reason for Low Sugar/Low Bad Carb suggestions.

Replies

• Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
    Yogurt
    Nuts/seeds
    Hard boiled eggs
    Fruit
    Whole grain toast/english muffin with natrual nut butter
    Cottage cheese
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I eat an apple every morning and then either-

- two eggs on toast
    - 2 bananas with pb and jelly
    - 2eggs, potatoes, mushrooms, onion
    -cottage cheese and salsa with lettuce
    - fat free yogurt and fruit
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Low carb tortilla wraps with scrambled eggs with diced peppers and low fat cheese. We even have those for dinner sometimes.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    Low carb tortilla wraps with scrambled eggs with diced peppers and low fat cheese. We even have those for dinner sometimes.

I have made these for dinner! They are yummy.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm reaalllyyyy lazy in the mornings, so this is what I eat.

I take 1/2 cup of oats, a teaspoon of Splenda brown sugar blend and some random berries (this morning I did 12 blueberries, sometimes I'll do raspberries/strawberries/etc.).
    I throw water in the oats and microwave it for 50 seconds. While that's in the microwave, I grab the berries and sugar. I throw it all together and it literally takes me under 2 minutes from start to finish. This morning mine was 179 calories.

ETA: Adding peanut butter tastes really good in it as well. :)
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday for breakfast. Scrambled egg with a laughing cow triangle melted in. Sooo good.
  • agentblondie
    Options
    I eat eggs everyday for breakfast. Scrambled egg with a laughing cow triangle melted in. Sooo good.

Yum :smile:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    clif bar and muscle milk?
  • Wingwoman21
    Options
    My breakfast is always either an apple & 2 tbs peanut butter or an apple and eggbeaters.
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you enjoy cereal, have you tried the Kashi brand? I'm a fan of their blueberry & oat clusters, strawberry fields, autumn wheat, and honey sunshine cereals.