TRX?

Options
Anyone try or is doing TRX (Total-body Resistance eXercise)?
How do you like it? I saw it on an episode of Real Housewives recently and it looked super hard, but a fun and challenging workout. How many minutes do you need to do it? Is this a daily program? Where did you set it up. I'm in Canada, so setting this system up outdoors is not practical right now. I'm thinking if I do get the system, I'd set it up in my garage.

Replies

• Von203
    Von203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't own the TRX, I have the Vegas Pro Straps. (Same concept bodyweight resistance). I use them for both strength and for circuits. Some days I use a weight vest for further resistance. They are extremely versatile and sturdy. I currently have mine hanging from my pull-up bar in the basement, but have brought them on vacation with me. You can get a full body workout in a short amount of time, but there are days I'll do a circuit for an hour. My two issues with the TRX are 1. There's only a single anchor point. 2. TRX's price is a little high. You can go on Youtube and find the videos and design your own program, with a little creativity. Hope this helps. Also, I'm not affiliated with Vegas Pros Straps in any way, just a loyal customer.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I wasn't necessarily just interested in TRX - I mean, I suppose any strap system will do. I'll google Vegas Pros. Thanks!
  • Von203
    Von203 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just be wary of quality. There are plenty of bad knock-offs out there. You want straps that are well-made and have strong anchor points. In my humble opinion, TRX and VPS are both excellent quality. Good luck.