I need help with food!

Options
Ok, so I entered all my meals that I am planning for the day into my diary, and I am only at 910 calories!! And I still have not entered my planned exercise for the day!! What are high calorie, healthy foods?? I really don't know what else I can eat. My diary is public so you can look at today and any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I see people on here saying they eat 1600-2000 calories a day and I don't know how they do it!! I am by no means starving myself, so I just don't get how they pack away that much healthy food!! I know some unhealthy things I could eat that would shoot my calories up, but I don't want to do that!

Replies

• thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Have some multigrain macaroni & cheese. That'll do ya.
    Or some regular greek yogurt, with a spoonful of peanut butter.
  • cprudden
    cprudden Posts: 24
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana is always good.. or some almonds too
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'd add a few carbs to your dinner - 1 serving of brown basmati rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, whole wheat cous cous, etc.
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I'd add a few carbs to your dinner - 1 serving of brown basmati rice, whole grain pasta, quinoa, whole wheat cous cous, etc.
    that sounds yummy
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Add some olive oil to your dinner. Each teaspoon is 40 calories of healthy fat. Try for 2 teaspoons a day.

Also, add some dairy into your diet. Milk, greek yogurt, maybe cheese on your sandwich.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana is always good.. or some almonds too
    ya I ran out of bananas two days ago. :(
  • Tiffani1985
    Options
    Well sometimes I may cheat during the day and eat maybe some chips or a snack cake. Sometimes I dont think it hurts especially if you excerise daily. I always eat a normal dinner I have not changed anything about that.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    Add some olive oil to your dinner. Each teaspoon is 40 calories of healthy fat. Try for 2 teaspoons a day.

Also, add some dairy into your diet. Milk, greek yogurt, maybe cheese on your sandwich.
    oh ya I can drizzle olive oil over the chicken. yeah I also have cheese, I will add that.
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    Peanut butter and an apple. Slice up and scoop little bits of peanut butter and munch. So tasty.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Calorie dense foods - avocados, nuts, nut butters, yogurt, brown rice, olive oil, coconut oil.....
  • Ivana331
    Options
    Well sometimes I may cheat during the day and eat maybe some chips or a snack cake. Sometimes I dont think it hurts especially if you excerise daily. I always eat a normal dinner I have not changed anything about that.
    haha yeah some days I do the same just because my net calories are sooo low!! :( I try to eat more but I can only fit so much in.
  • Ivana331
    Options
    thank you for all the suggestions, guys! Now I have stuff to add to my grocery list for the next shopping trip!!! :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I eat 1600 cals a day. Here is a sample of what I eat in a typical day:

Breakfast: coffee with cream & sugar, a banana or apple, chobani greek yogurt
    Lunch: a wrap with grilled chicken and veggies and tatziki sauce or hummus. Or tuna with lemon juice on a sandwich thin.
    Dinner: Usually meat or fish, a side dish like brown rice or a baked potato or sweet potato, and veggies.

Snacks: fruit, yogurt, or cheese sticks or cottage cheese.