Hydroxycut?

Options
Is it worth the money?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    if you're a fitness pro looking to shed that extra 1% bodyfat before you get on stage or before a photoshoot, maybe.

For everyone else, no.

The makers of that product have previously been sued for false advertising. There is no link to actually look at the 2 studies their website keeps mentioning and it states the studies were paid for by the manufacturer. Make of that what you will.

You would get pretty much the same effect from a cheap caffeine supplement.
  • jd5351
    jd5351 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All it does to me is make me jittery for about 2 hours and then I sweat to death and feel like I'm going to puke.
  • pammybrochu
    Options
    Omg! Please please do not use this product!!! I am one of those people who used it and had nasty nasty nasty side effects. I had massive chest pains that ER dr.s attribute to this product. For about 3 months I thought I was going to die. It also causes kidney problems and makes you feel light headed and faint. Please please do not use it! I don't want anyone to go thru what I went thru. Google the product and talk to your dr. There are lawsuits going on right now due to medical problems this product has caused.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    A coworker I'm close with started taking this. 3 days after being on it, she fainted at work and the paramedics had to be called :frown: It was pretty scary stuff. She said it made her feel shaky and lightheaded, sweat a lot and she said she felt like her heartbeats weren't normal. The doctors told her to stop taking it immediately. Theres no way I'd touch it, personally.
  • Stowguy2012
    Stowguy2012 Posts: 111
    Options
    What's an alternative product like hydroxycut that I should use?
  • mommybambi
    mommybambi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I mentioned this to hubby and he told me to reply. Both of us tried hydroxycut a few years back. I became very jittery and nervous and felt like I was having a panic attack which I never have. Hubby got violently ill puking and stomach pains. He didn't believe me that it was the hydroxycut so after he got better he tried to take it again and got the same symptoms. We will never touch it again.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Like i said before unless you are already pretty lean I would not bother but since you asked, caffeine.

Not that it will make a huge difference but that's the main ingredient in hydroxycut anyway.

Some people don't recommend taking caffeine and yohimbe together, hydroxy cut has both in it. This is what gives you the jitters/heart rate increase/sweats and the come down.
  • Stowguy2012
    Options
    So it's pretty much n energy drink pill? For weight loss
  • tmcnee32
    tmcnee32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I took it about 10 years ago. I lost 40 pounds in 2 months but I was very active while taking it. I have tried taking it more recently and didn't get the same results. But I definitely am not as active as I once was. Also, after stopping the pills I gradually gained the weight back plus plenty more. It definitely is a quick fix and I would not recommend it.
  • lolly2721
    lolly2721 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Can I ask why you are considering something like Hydroxycut? Just curious. I personally think that if you are wanting to lose weight, then slow and steady would be a good thing. You didn't put all the weight on in one day so it will take more than a day to lose it. If you want a jumpstart on weight loss then you could try something like a 24 hour clear liquid diet.

Stick with the slow and steady as you are not just changing your weight, but creating a new lifestyle for yourself. You want the weight to come off and stay off and quick fixes don't change your habits. Good luck to you though. You will do wonderfully!
  • Stowguy2012
    Options
    I wasn't going to out and by it now I was going to wait until I lose 20-30 pounds at least then maybe start taking it or something like it.

By the way if everyone is wandering I'm 6'2 and weigh 326 pounds
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    that stuff is scary! Took it for 3 days years ago, seriously felt like I had the flu. There is no magic pill. If there was we would all be our ideal weight. Diet and exercise are the best way, I know it's slow, I know it's hard, but your body will thank you when it lasts years and years without crazy side effects from some pill that may or may not work!! Best of luck to you!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Google it. you'll get the Company's Oh yes do this. And Much Much more saying Don't Don't Don't. The ads say they lost 57 pounds or whatever in 28 weeks. that's 2 pounds a week. Doable, but we can do 1.5 a week with diet and exercise. With No side effects. and No cost. The ad also says these results were achieved using the' active ingredients' in HydroxyCut. That doesn't mean the same proportions are in the capsules the consumers are buying. Be careful. The 'Diet' industry makes a Bazzilion $$$$ a year if any of it worked we'd all be super models. Put your money into buying healthy food. : )
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    I kinda don't get it.

I am almost willing to bet that some of the people that did take this product over used it and under ate! Although there may be many claims of how bad it could be, ITS probably because they USED IT WRONG... I'm only saying... when you got top bodybuilders swearing by the product, that has to count for something... I used it before and never had any bad side effects, maybe because I used how it was intended.

Many people on here also do not eat back their calorie intake after a workout. That kinda cracks me up. It's like saying "I want help to get into shape BUT I'm still going to do it my way, not the right way" as if they are the first ones to ever try to lose weight that way...

so, if you're going to use ANY product, use it how it says to use it and do the research... :glasses:
  • Cookie_Monster_69
    Options
    TOP bodybuilders will swear by ANYTHING because they get paid too :laugh: but i do agree that people do not follow directions. me and you both know a person that did not :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and if your gonna use anything. use oxyelite Pro IMO!. :drinker:
  • cartrat
    cartrat Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    took it a few years ago and used the drink mix. i mixed it with a water bottle and downed it right before breakfast because i didn't want my parents to find out i was taking it. oh and it was the first time too.

we got to breakfast and i was dizzy, short of breath, anxious, nauseated and sweaty. i only had like 3 bites of breakfast so i guess it worked...

never took it again though. that was super scary.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    took it a few years ago and used the drink mix. i mixed it with a water bottle and downed it right before breakfast because i didn't want my parents to find out i was taking it. oh and it was the first time too.

we got to breakfast and i was dizzy, short of breath, anxious, nauseated and sweaty. i only had like 3 bites of breakfast so i guess it worked...

never took it again though. that was super scary.

some of the ingredients in it can really mess with some people, so it is def not for everyone.
  • ldytaz
    ldytaz Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Totally not worth the money, I tried it about a year ago, you're better off just eating right and exercising
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I took it years ago for a few weeks combined with good diet and exercise. I didn't have any of the scary side effects other people have mentioned, but I also don't think it really helped at all. I don't think it gave me any extra edge or amped up my results. For me, it wasn't worth the money.
  • addaline22
    addaline22 Posts: 114
    Options

none. make sure you get lots of B vitamins, sleep you 6-8 hours and have a supplemnt that contains all the MINNERALS you need. and drink a **** ton of water. nothing helps flush the fat better when you are working out and eating right than your 8 glasses a day.