My sweet tooth is my downfall.

Options
2»

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have to have chocolate every single day...I've tried cutting it out and it doesnt work. I have cut down so I can just have maybe 100cals worth but if I try and have none then I'll go majorly off track eating everything I can get my hands on trying to satisfy the craving. For me it easier to just have a small piece of chocolate and be done with it! I've been known to eat 500cals of granola and FFGY trying to stop myself eating 50cals dark chocolate and afterwards I realised how silly that was...

I work it into my calorie allowance and it hasnt stopped me losing weight. I do understand that some people are all or nothing - I think that would kill me! I'd much rather have a small piece than cut it out entirely - I threaten myself with that everytime I think about going overboard and buying a share-size bag of buttons (about 1000cals....) xx
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have tried to stop eating sweets, but I literally go through withdrawals. Fruit doesn't help, I have to have candy, thankfully it's not chocolate. So, I buy hard candy to suck on, usually lemon drops and that helps my craving, or I chew sugar free gum.
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just DONT. Its simple. Dont keep them in the house and dont eat them. If you cant not binge on them dont have them at all. They are probably the reason you are on MFP in the first place if you are like me and cant have just one of something...

Some people cant just have a little. I am one of them.

I agree, totally.

I am exactly like you, I have an extreme sweet tooth. Especially for pic 'n' mix/chocolate. I'm also one of those people that just cannot stop at 2 or 3 sweeties - it has to be the whole bag or more. The only way at the moment, which isn't a long term thing I understand, is absolutely not buy them and absolutely not eat them. Gain some self control, I know it's hard but the more you start standing up to those cravings and saying 'no' the more empowered you'll feel.

If I can do it and loose over 50lbs so can you!

Thanks for agreeing! Every time I have suggested this on other topics some random idiot comes along and tells me there is no reason you cant eat candy and lose weight and that I dont know what im talking about and that I need a "hug and a cookie". Nice to see there are people that have to deal with this the same was I do. :)

No worries, plenty of people on here unfortunately that love quoting other peoples posts with some horrible and/or sarcastic comment - but we're not all like that ;) Have a nice day! x
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Wow, you and I are the same person. I got really bad and was eating candy for lunch and breakfast at work instead of even bothering to eat meals. Someone told me the only way to lose the craving was to go cold turkey on them for a week or two, and it's my second day of doing that. I'm actually in withdrawal.

So no cookies, candy, sugared cereal, ice cream, nothing! I have no idea if it'll work, but I'm literally a sugar addict. (I still have a little in various breads and PB, but I'm not getting that sweet, sugary taste followed by the good feeling it gives me.)

Edit: I should mention that now, even though I'm calorie counting, I don't even want to eat my calories because I can't have delicious, delicious sugar. It's really pathetic!
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love sweets, too! I have not given them up. I just make sure I stay within my daily calories and move on. One thing I love to do that helps with the sweets craving is to incorporate it into something healthier. I love making a shake of a frozen banana, some PB2, coconut or almond milk, a TBSP of cocoa, and a TBSP of flax or chia seeds... I also throw in a cup of spinach, usually. Anyway, this is a nice, creamy "dessert" kind of thing WITH cocoa and PB, so it feels indulgent. It's actually packed with super delicious stuff and sweetened mainly by the banana. (The PB2 does have a little sugar, but it's negligible.)

When I was asked if I normally craved sweets or salty things, I used to say both. However, after logging for the past (almost) 4 months, it is OBVIOUS that I actually crave sweets. I hardly ever have a salty snack!
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    i have a piece of chocolate every morning immediately after breakfast. and not just any chocolate, but a ghiradelli square. if i'm gonna only have 1 a day, it's gonna be my favorite. and there is a point to why it's right after breakfast. i satisfy my chocolate craving first thing in the morning, and then i don't have to want it all day, because then i will eat the whole bag. i take care of it right away, and i don't think about it the rest of the day...
  • evaleung87
    Options
    Loving all your advise and stories. I don't think I'm one of those that can give sweets up forever but I will try harder to limit them. I'm also going to try giving it up altogether for a week and see how that goes.. so by that I mean sweets of the candy variety, chocolates, cakes, biscuits.. although this will have to wait till next Monday as I have a birthday meal this weekend where I'm responsible for making the cake..!!

I like the idea of sucking on a hard candy or buying expensive/high luxury chocolates that I know I can't normally afford so would appreciate it more and hence only eat one rather than the lot.

Wish my vice was raw veg lol. Life would be so much better :P