Ever leaving MFP?

Options
13»

Replies

• RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    I've used mfp for losing, maintaining, and gaining weight. I don't plan to ever stop tracking my calories and macronutrients.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I don't know about leaving, but I have definitely backed off of it since I first started. I still enjoy getting on and chatting with the friends I have made on here and like to help share knowledge and give advice when necessary. If I can help someone else change there life, then mine has become more worth while :wink:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I can't even think about it right now because I just found MFP last month, and I have at least a year or more to reach my goal weight, then who knows?
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well I feel you one hundred percent, some times I feel obligated to comment or to log on but then I think of those times when someones kind words were just enough to give me that lil push to get my *kitten* moving and I think I don't wanna rob someone of that support. In reality this site and MFP in general has all but replaced my Facebook time, I figure at least I am doing something positive for me , I mean playing angry birds or beating someone in scrabble only gets you so far.....

Good point!
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    haha OP's join date jun/12 ;D

Why is that comical?
  • RonnieBigGunz
    Options
    I don't think I would leave MFP unless they started charging.

If they started charging, I'd go back to my marker board on the fridge.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Probably once I hit 200k posts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Not sure really, haven't thought about it. I use the iPhone app daily though, so will definitely use that to maintain my weight. Whether I use the forums or not I'll have to see!
  • nataliexxxx
    Options
    I will probably stay on it to track my calories when I am maintaining otherwise I could just put the weight back on
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    for me MFP doesn't take much of my time because I don't spend much time on the forums etc. I focus on what I need to do for me and if I see a topic I like when i'm on my home page I will sometimes click and comment (like today) but I actually don't daily log like some do. I actually use this to plan my meals for the week then I make a shopping list from it and that keeps me from cheating ever because if I don't buy the nasty stuff at the store and it isn't in my house and I have a meal all planned out then I stick to the plan. I actually found that I spend less time doing it that way because I'm not spending much time in the week scrambling for what to eat. I will probably always use it because it is sooooooooooo easy to track food and keep on track and I too have a long way to go. My first goal is to be on here a year and lose 100 lbs. So far I've been on since end of June and I've lost 27lbs I am on track and feeling really good about myself so why would I leave some place that makes me feel so successful?
    I do the same with exception of using MFP to plan meals. I do like to read about people's success as it motivates me. I don't spend much time here.
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It keeps me accountable on the food I put into my body. I'll probably keep logging even after I hit my goal.

This!
  • misao1994
    Options
    Are you planning on leaving MFP at any point? Once you've achieved your goal or learned how to maintain? Or is this a new lifestyle for you that you will remain part of forever?

MFP takes up so much of my daily life, I don't know if it's somewhere I want to be forever...

I hear ya girl. But I think even once I reach my TGW, I'll stay on here for about 6+ months to a year. It really all depends on if you're ready to leave and I guess take the "training wheels off". Because that's kind of what this is, it's re-teaching us nutrition by really holding our hand and helping us out! I want to one day be able to eat healthy with out having to watch myself and log it. But probably not the day of my TGW.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I was on consistently for about 6 months last year and then missed a day over Thanksgiving. I was able to maintain for 3-4 months without logging and then started to gain. I'll definitely be keeping with it for a long time now. I'm thinking that maybe when I hit maintenance I'll make sure to count calories one week/month just so I don't lose track of what I need to do.