Help with a Plateau!!!

Options
Ideas anyone? This plateau is killing me. Should I stop Zumba and do Weight Training? or do 30 day shred? or Treadmill? I need a change I believe to start seeing the scale move again. Yes, I've lost a couple inches here and there but I gotta get this scale to move again to reach the 220's!

Replies

• BeantownSooner
    Options
    I would start doing this to see if you start moving again:

Go back into your goals and do "Custom" and change your Macros to 40% Carbs/40% Protein/20% fat or 40%/30%/30%.

Next eat back your exercise calories for at least 2 weeks.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am having similar problems, stuck in the 230's and can't get moving again. I have upped my calorie intake because it was suggested that it was too low and my body was going into "starvation mode" but I am still not getting anywhere, I am ready to change up my workouts now. I am going to start doing the P90x workouts in hopes that it will get the scale moving again.
    I have been reading that if you do the same workouts for a period of time that your body get accustomed to them and they don't help anymore. So changing the workout would be my first suggestion, and that is exactly what I am doing now. (Starting today)
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing. I have the 30 day shred at home but I thought at my weight it would be hard. We'll see I guess
  • wants2travel
    wants2travel Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think if you ate a big more cleanly you'd lose again. I can only speak for myself, but I could not lose weight eating at McDonalds, and Ihop. You are hardly eating any fruits and vegetables. Stay away from the processed foods and get back to clean eating. You'll see a difference.
  • dragonflyjen
    dragonflyjen Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for 6 weeks, during the time I started my exercise regime. Realised I wasn't eating enough, so now I eat 1200 cals plus my exercise calories and it has started to move again. Follow what MFP tells you. If you have already told the site that you want to lose 2lbs per week, then it will add your daily exercise calories onto your daily total - your body needs the extra food to function properly so don't be afraid to eat them.
  • nuanwc
    nuanwc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Switching it up is a great place to start. My trainer says that after about a month your body becomes conditioned to your workout routine. Even if you are continuing to challenge yourself and increase resistance, speed, etc., it 's still the same movements over and over again that your body is no longer responding to. Wight training is awesome because the more muscle mass you have the more energy the muscles require to perform everything you do on a daily basis. That means more of those calories being used and burned without spending more time in the gym/working out. Also, you body is still burning calories even when you stop weight training. Treat your diet the same way and feed your body some new things it's not use to.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    It's way too soon to be calling it a plateau (you were losing scale weight about a week ago), and you are seeing results in lost inches (not small amounts either). My aim here is to try to alleviate your frustration, so I did a little googling, and found one pretty good resource on defining plateau:

http://cutthefatpodcast.com/1405/cut-the-fat-blog/weight-loss-plateau-2/the-weight-loss-plateau-what-to-do-when-you-think-youre-stuck
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think if you ate a big more cleanly you'd lose again. I can only speak for myself, but I could not lose weight eating at McDonalds, and Ihop. You are hardly eating any fruits and vegetables. Stay away from the processed foods and get back to clean eating. You'll see a difference.

I thought this was a "lifestyle change" not a diet. I can't completely give everything up. It's not like I eat mcdonalds or ihop everyday. All my meals are made from fresh foods (some vegetables) hardly ever processed. Compared to how I used to eat before it's a BIG change. And if I were to give everything up I'd be setting myself up for failure like I've done in the past. Trying to eliminate all and going 100% clean didn't work for me then.