South Beach Diet.....

Options
thetrans04
thetrans04 Posts: 15 Member
Hey everyone.....I have been on a plateau now for months so I decided to try out the South Beach Diet. I'm only on day two but already lost some weight.....I was just wondering if anyone else out there is on it and if you have had success. Also, do you have any good recipes for phase one???

Replies

• buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've done it and I think it's great. I'm on my own modified version of it right now. Are you working out too or just eating right? It's not a calorie counting diet at all. What did your diet consist of before?
  • thetrans04
    Options
    hey, yes I am working out too. I ride my stationary bike 30 minutes 5 days a week and then do abs too. I was just counting calories before....trying to stay at about 12-1500. I've been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds for months now. I guess that's what happens when you get close to your goal weight :( I have done the south beach diet before so I know it works :)
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    could you tell me what are you trying to eat in the south beach diet phase one.............. how is it designed for you
  • thetrans04
    Options
    I am eating basically salads and lots of vegetables. For breakfast I have my coffee and 2 eggs. Then I have salad for lunch. And then salad for dinner and either fish or chicken breast with steamed veggies :) Then my favorite part of the day.....dessert :) I can either have a sugar free fudgsicle or the ricotta dessert which is REALLY good :)
  • clbowman11
    clbowman11 Posts: 117
    Options
    I've found a lot of success with more cardio (i.e. running, elliptical machines, etc.) That ought to help. Cardio is one of the aiding factors in weight loss if your not just dieting. If you exercise, I recommend cardio. You will also continue to burn more calories as you work your abs and so on. The bike is okay, but it's not going to get you the results that you want. It doesn't cause a high enough heart rate. It's the easiest part of my workout. But, I do all my cardio first then I do my weight training because the cardio will help me burn more calories throughout my workout (: Just some things I've learned. Also, remember muscle weighs more than fat, if you are doing your abs and the bike you may be gaining muscle. As well as, once you get to the point where your workout and diet are not helping you lose it may be time to up your workout. Because, the smaller you get the less calories you burn in all activities. Meaning you would need to make your exercise routine harder as your muscles get used to it. If you are not challenging your muscles it's not going to be as effective in the long run.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    to the googles!

search for 'low carb recipes'

you can even search on MFP forums!

you're welcome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!