always hungry, can't reach my calorie intake

Options
Hi,

I need help, I can't reach my calorie intake of 1,420.

I did see that people on here say you should eat 1,200 calories, I can't even reach that.

I am always hungry.

According to my scale I have lost 5 pounds in 6 days, I don't think that is a good thing.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to look at my diary if you need too.

Replies

• tenebre7
    Options
    Have you tried eating slowly and drinking lots of water? sometimes I think i am hungry but just sit down and have a cup of tea or glass of water and it fades pretty quickly.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    sorry, seems easy, EAT.

and your diary is private.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I just added you. Can't see your diary unless we're friends.
  • Starla_86
    Options
    I don't get how you CAN'T reach your calorie intake when you say you're always hungry?
  • joannbrunton
    joannbrunton Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    if you are always hungry, why are you not eating.....makes no sense
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm also confused. If you are hungry and require more calories, the obvious solution is to eat something. Is there something I'm not getting here?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Why are you not eating your calorie goal, but are always hungry? Do you have an ED?

I'd suggest to try eating higher calorie foods such as peanut butter, nuts, avocado, etc. but i'm not sure what you are asking?
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public, you should be able to see it now.

No I do not have an eating disorder. I have always been a big eater, and I am really trying to cut down, on how much I eat, but don't want to go over my other things, like carbs, protein, & fats.

I have my carbs set to 55%, fats 30% protein 15%, should I change those.

I want over my protein today.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You can't reach your calorie goal but yet you're always hungry? That makes absolutely NO sense to me. Am I reading it all wrong? Just based on what you have posted, I would say eat. I know that sounds like I'm trying to be snippy but I'm just not getting it. Hitting a calorie goal shouldn't be hard if you actually eat and are not constantly working out. When you're body is telling you that you are hungry you should feed it. Help me understand your actual question please. And I haven't looked but if your diary isn't open, you might open it so that we can give better advice.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    if you're always hungry, why are you not eating? I find it hard for me to reach my 1300 I set for myself. I'm usually around 1000 all the time, and I'm not hungry. I don't believe in eating just to eat, if I'm not hungry, I don't, if I am, then I go over my calories. MFP is really just a suggestion, not exactly set in stone, but it doesn't make sense to not eat when you're hungry and to eat when you're not.
  • Uuuhlexis
    Uuuhlexis Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to adjust your goals to more accurately reflect what you can do now?
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I am confused as well, the first thing i thought when I read this was "Well that's an Oxymoron" If your Hungry then eat and you will hit your caloric intake.... Unless I am missing something????
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry, why do you not eat?
    you can have big portions of good food and fill up, rather than tiny portions of junk
    this thread really confuses me
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You need to eat 5-6 small meals a day. You are not snacking enough in between meals.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Color me confused as well... It's contradictory to say you can't get to your calorie goal but are always hungry... Because if you're hungry, you should eat, and then you'll meet your goal. What is it that I'm missing?
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question here.
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein, fiber, and vegetables w/ a good percentage of water. Protein: meat, soy, sugar-free dairy, etc. Fiber: whole grain products, broccoli, apple peel, etc. "Watery veggies": broccoli, raw spinach, lettuce, etc.
  • sarader
    sarader Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think what she's saying is she can't get her calorie intake DOWN to her suggested level -- not that she can't get her calories intake UP to her suggested level. That is why she's complaining that she's still hungry. (i.e., how is she going to get her calories intake DOWN to 1420 when she isn't even close to that and is still hungry).

My suggestion is to eat more low-calories foods -- veggies/fruit -- and drink more liquids.

Good luck!
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It always makes me crazy to see people post this kind of thing.

1) CLEARLY you don't have issues eating enough calories or you wouldn't have gained weight that you need to lose, & CLEARLY you wouldn't be on MFP, complaining that you can't eat enough calories.

2) If you've just started losing & moved from drinking fizzy stuff to water, it's probably some combination of water retention leaving the body & carbonation bloating leaving the body that's making the bulk of that weight loss on the scale. Now I know that sounds mean, but it's actually not meant to take away from your success so far... it's saying... "good job, you've broken the seal... NOW you'll see the REAL loss begin!"

3) Go for protein. I like to add cheese/nuts to my salads... peanut butter to my morning toast... etc. It keeps you from feeling hungry & is calorie PACKED, but it's GOOD calories... healthy fats, protein to help your body recover from workouts too. Trust me.. throw a tablespoon of All Natural PB in with breakfast, 10 almonds as a snack & some cheddar in your salads, & you'll feel more satisfied.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I saw that you are eating some light foods. If you are trying to up your calorie intake, try eating the regular version (English muffins and cheese for example). Also, snack on something that is more calorie dense than rice cakes - those take up room in your stomach, are low in calories and probably don't last too long as far as keeping you satisfied.

I agree with someone else who said to try to eat more nuts or avocados.