Grad school students unite!

Options
124»

Replies

• jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I recently finished my MBA and am now working on my Masters in Clinical Counseling. I had about half the credits done in Counseling when I switched to business and have now decided to finish it up.
  • jlbram03
    jlbram03 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Masters in Social Work here! 10 months to go!

Me too!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Working on my M.B.A. :)
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Well, I am in the process of applying to my graduate school (Fall 2013)! Ph.D. in Clinical Healthcare Psychology.
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Starting my masters in justice administration on monday! I'm somewhat nervous because the classes are only 6-8 weeks long. Yikes!
  • beamie2687
    beamie2687 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh good! There are people just like me!

I'm a dual-degree graduate student: Law (JD) and Masters of Public Health (MPH) in Health Policy.

You'd think I'd know better about being healthy!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Starting my Master's in Sociology this fall. Eep!
  • slc3568
    slc3568 Posts: 15
    Options
    Gained the freshman 50 a few years ago (and then some each year since, for good measure and all..BOOOO), finishing my bachelor's in May and I'm seriously considering getting the application process started for an Ecological and Environmental Anthropology master's program but I'm feeling inadequate and super intimidated by the process. Any mentors out there?? I'm in need of some motivation!
  • clarajeanbean
    clarajeanbean Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been learning a little bit about what works and what doesn't for food when I'm busy. A new favorite quickie dinner is WalMart rotisserie chicken, actually - with a ton of veggies on the side (and I promise I keep an eye on my sodium). What DOESN'T work for me are 100 calorie anythings because they are small and never filling, and then I've essentially just wasted a chunk of my daily allowance! Got myself a bento lunchbox so it's easier to pack fresh things, and I log the calories in for the next day when I take a minute to pack. (Also nice because it saves money! No more individual things of applesauce and yogurt!) And for those times when I can't see any option but to get food to go, I've made a little booklet of better choices to make at the restaurants around campus so I don't just say, "Hey, I guess if I'm at Panera I'll eat 1000 calories of mac and cheese!". So far so good...
  • nadia_in_mtl
    Options
    PhD candidate in Neuroscience, in my last year. I'm doing a part-time graduate diploma in Management, which I am really enjoying. I am hoping to transition out of academia into the business world and to some day get an MBA.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Whoohoo going for masters in science!!!!
  • LoveMy3CutiesLBH
    Options
    I just finished my Masters of counseling last year after seven crazy years of college! Sooo glad to be done, but school work and kids always won out over nutrition and exercise. This is why I'm here trying to lose 21 pounds...
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Starting my second year of a part time MBA and full time work. It's going to be rough trying to lose weight with all that going on, especially with all the recent downsizing at my job.
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Ugggh so stressful! I'm working on my thesis for an animation short film and it's just too much :(
  • yroma
    yroma Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    family psychiatric nurse practitioner...!
  • raewood4
    raewood4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a Ph.D. Candidate in my last year (all fingers crosses). I've worked as I could to keep my weight under control while balancing (going to the gym to read, limiting take out/weekly cooking, etc). Sadly, I looked over my old weight tracker for the entire time I've been in grad school. Turns out I gained about 10 pounds each academic year like clockwork. I wish now I'd discovered that pattern, but it's also a weird form of motivation now to think of each 10 pounds I loose as taking a year of grad school off me.

If it helps anyone, I'm working with a center to get it off and I've found their rule on not eating late (like after 8 or 9) has been an easy way to reduce my calories. I would routinely eat dinner after that or used late night snacks that help to keep me up and working, but after a few weeks of adjusting it's really helped. Also sleeping even a little more helps, although we all know there's not always time for it.

Best to everyone in the new academic year!
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rags2Righteous
    Rags2Righteous Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey Folks!

I have an MA in Intercultural Studies, and am in my second year of an MA Counseling Psychology program. I feel better prepared for this second degree, seeing as this isn't my first rodeo. But it'd be good to connect with others who want to live well and excel academically. Feel free to add me!