always hungry, can't reach my calorie intake

Options

Replies

• TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Ok...I just looked at your diary. It looks pretty good actually. My suggestions are to eat some snacks. Maybe a couple between each meal. Greek yogurt, string cheese, cottage cheese, almonds, peanut butter, fruits....so many possibilites. Those snacks will curb your hunger problem and bring up your calories. Also, you can try using full fat products in stead of the low fat or fat free items. Good luck and hope this helps.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    You could add some rice or sweet potato to lunch and supper. You could have yogurt and fruit or something like that for a snack.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Your food choices look pretty good to me (although I'm definitely not a food nazi). If you're having trouble hitting 1420 because you're scared of going over, don't worry about that because MFP has a deficit set in there so even if you hit 1600 you won't sabotage your weight loss. If you're having trouble hitting 1420 calories because you're NOT hungry and that word is missing from your original post, then it's ok to substitute some calorie dense foods sometimes. Have a snack (dark chocolate, yum).

Most people see big number drops on the scale during week one. It's mostly water. I'm down 5 lbs in 7 days. It will slow down going forward.
  • Caralynl
    Caralynl Posts: 43
    Options
    Yes, I think that is what she is saying also - she can't get her calorie intake DOWN.
  • apom36
    apom36 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I'm LMAO confused!!
  • luvnunity
    luvnunity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fairly new here, but I've found that eating protein rich foods as mentioned earlier is a good way to fill up without having to eat a lot of food. You mustn't starve yourself or just eat rabbit food only. You need a balanced diet. As long as you are working out you will find that you are hungry more often so you should eat regularly throughout the day. Keep some low fat snacks on hand. I like cheese, fruit, nuts and peanut butter.
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I think what she's saying is she can't get her calorie intake DOWN to her suggested level -- not that she can't get her calories intake UP to her suggested level. That is why she's complaining that she's still hungry. (i.e., how is she going to get her calories intake DOWN to 1420 when she isn't even close to that and is still hungry).

My suggestion is to eat more low-calories foods -- veggies/fruit -- and drink more liquids.

Good luck!

^^ This. but I looked at your diary and noticed that at the end of most days, you have nearly 300 calories left, sometimes even a lot more. You need to be eating those! I personally eat back my exercise calories if I am still hungry. You should be as close to 0 as possible, at least close to 0 without your exercise calories being eaten back as possible.

Eat lots of protein, it'll fill you up, and have snacks throughout the day.
  • nishdadish
    Options
    Ahh, I think you are trying to get your calories down. Exercise not only provides you extra calories, but you actually feel less hungry. Often times, you people don't drink enough water, and your body's hunger pangs are actually dehydration pangs. I add some soluble fiber to my coffee, and put some chia seeds into my food, and that helps me keep full a little longer. Eating 4-5 small meals per day is also good for the metabolism, and you will actually lose weight a little faster. good luck to you!!
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would add in snacks. I used to eat three times a day and was hungry and eatting very low calories. Now I eat 5 times a day and my calories have increased and I am not feeling constantly hungry. Milk is also good. Skim is 90 calories a cup and full of nutrients.

Good luck
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    I think what she's saying is she can't get her calorie intake DOWN to her suggested level -- not that she can't get her calories intake UP to her suggested level. That is why she's complaining that she's still hungry. (i.e., how is she going to get her calories intake DOWN to 1420 when she isn't even close to that and is still hungry).

My suggestion is to eat more low-calories foods -- veggies/fruit -- and drink more liquids.

Good luck!

Did you even look at her diary. She's not even hitting 1200 calories. No problem eating under goal. Problem is actually hitting goal.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think that is what she is saying also - she can't get her calorie intake DOWN.
    That's what I thought, until I looked at her diary. She is hundreds short of her goal every day.

OP, you will have to explain this better. If you're hungry, what is stopping you from eating more?
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry....and you still have calories left....EAT!! What's the problem?
  • jesspi68
    jesspi68 Posts: 292
    Options
    Use your extra calories for snacks between meals, like greek yogurt or fruit, protein shake etc.

I eat pretty much constantly all day long. I would be an angry mean person if I didn't.
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just made my diary public, you should be able to see it now.

No I do not have an eating disorder. I have always been a big eater, and I am really trying to cut down, on how much I eat, but don't want to go over my other things, like carbs, protein, & fats.

I have my carbs set to 55%, fats 30% protein 15%, should I change those.

I want over my protein today.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

No I do not have an eating disorder. I have always been a big eater, and I am really trying to cut down, on how much I eat, but don't want to go over my other things, like carbs, protein, & fats.

It's ok to go over on your protein. MFP has it set too low anyway. I shoot for 100g a day.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    If you look at the OP's diary I think she's saying she can't get UP to 1420, which makes no sense to me. She's eaten way below her goal for the last week. I'm not sure what the issue is. Please, if you are hungry, eat. Snack between meals, eat bigger portions.

I don't understand how people have a hard time eating enough. Trust me you didn't get to the point where you needed to lose weight by not eating enough...

You need to be eating as close to that goal number each day as you can. Your body need fuel.

Weight loss done right takes a lot of planning. When I was losing, I'd plan my day a day ahead so I knew that I was getting adequate calories everyday. I'd plan my meals around what workouts I'd do.

I'm not trying to sound mean, but if you are hungry all the time, eat more. End of story.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options

I'm still not sure I understand the problem. Are you worried that you can't find foods to fit into your 55/30/15 goals...?
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options

If you have a lot to lose, I think as long as you're under calories you'll lose intitially. Just learn as you go...figure out what's high in sodium, carbs, sugar etc and you'll get it eventually. Don't go hungry if you have calories left, though. You'll figure the other macros out eventually.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    Options
    IMO...I think that where as your macros are important, they are not AS important as hitting you're calorie goal. I have my macros set at 40/30/30. But you will find so many different ways of figuring that. I suggest to focus on your caloric intake FIRST then mess around with the macros once you get your calories situated and find what works best for you.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the other posts.. Start eating a mid morning snack and mid afternoon snack :)