Exercise suggestions for the top heavy?

Options
I tend to carry most of my weight in my upper body. Chest, waist and back. My legs and tush look pretty fit but could use some additional toning. I'm new to working out, should I just continue on with cardio and strength training I've been doing and eventually the lbs on the top will start to fade or are there more specific exercises I could do?

Replies

• dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Just keep up your full body workouts. Fat will eventually be burned from everywhere, though not necessarily in the order you want. (Nothing you can do about that)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Just keep up your full body workouts. Fat will eventually be burned from everywhere, though not necessarily in the order you want. (Nothing you can do about that)

Yep.
  • luvnunity
    luvnunity Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Also, is it better to lose first and then fine-tune and sculpt once you're at a smaller size to see what you are truly working with or lose and sculpt simultaneously?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Also, is it better to lose first and then fine-tune and sculpt once you're at a smaller size to see what you are truly working with or lose and sculpt simultaneously?

Do both. Maintaining muscle (even if you can't see it) will help keep your metabolism up. And then when you reach goal, you won't have extra work to do!