Exercise for girls with large boobies?

Options
I was running but it hurt my back/neck too much! I was wearing my regular bra, 2 sports bras and a compression top but my girls were still too big to keep from bouncing around. I'm a 38 E and find any running/jumping type of exercises to be pretty painful! I can walk all day everyday and find that it does absolutely NOTHING to help me lose weight. Any suggestions?

Replies

• asyrinsgirl
    asyrinsgirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had this problem for the longest time. I finally started losing from my boobs and now it doesn't bother me as much.

I walked faster, like REALLY fast and it helped me drop more pounds and inches than just walking.
    Water aerobics - they're not just for old ladies. If you work your butt off during a class, it's a great workout!
    Bicycle - stationary or conventional - you don't get quite as much bang for your buck calorie-wise unless you really up the tension, but it's a great cross-training exercise.
    Things like bodypump and strength training help you build muscle to burn more fat, and can help reduce your girls a little too if you're looking for that.

There are lots of options out there for you. Keep trying new things until you find something that works!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Have you tried the Enell bra? It pretty much straps you down with just enough room to breathe?
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Definitely second the walking fast until things (hopefully) melt off your boobs. Or find some hilly areas and get to power hiking. That burns wicked good.

Spend some time trying different compression sports bras and find one that fits well and feels good. Don't be afraid to jump up and down and bounce around in the fitting room...I do. Then double or triple up if you need.

I'm between a C and a D (one boob is a C and the other is a D :grumble: ) so while super big, big enough that I used to get terrible pain until I found a bra that worked well for me (and I occasionally need to double up for longer distances or harder intensities).
  • squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    i'm a 32F and i can never find a "good" sports bra in my size. the one i've been wearing is 36DD and while it fits in the cup, the back isn't as tight as it could be. it used to fit me when i was about 30lbs heavier and i just haven't found a replacement yet. i like to wear very snug tank tops over the sports bra, especially tanks with the built-in shelf bra. i find that adds a tiny bit more support, but my "girls" still jiggle a bit.

when i first started my weight loss adventure last summer, i basically just walked 30-45 minutes a day before trying jillian michael's 30 day shred. sure, my boobs bounced around like crazy, but i did it at home so it's not like anyone saw. now i go to a women's only gym where i take some classes (pilates and zumba) and do some weight training and cardio. i suggest trying to lift some light weights (i use 5, 8, and 10 lb dumbbells depending on the exercise) and try slow movements like squats and lunges. obviously your tits are gonna bounce like crazy on the treadmill or doing jumping jacks, but i find i get a better workout from strength training rather than cardio.

i find that after a while, i will get a backache, neck ache, AND headache, but i have found that applying pressure to my neck and the back of my head (just below my pony tail) helps to relieve things. i'm hoping once i lose more weight i'll be able to fit into regular sports bras and not overpriced and impossible to locate bras made for busty girls.

good luck to you!