Tacos

Options
Well it is Tuesday my new Taco night. I did have it thrusdays, but it srewed my friday morning weigh-ins. How I do it is Multi-grain taco shells, ground turkey, romaine lettuce, and regular cheeese, with Fat-free or veg refried beans. Oh and fat-free sour cream. A lot of times I'll be a bad girl and make Qesadeda's (multi-grain). Howdo you guys handle Mexican? I need some ideas.

Replies

• dodgersprincess
    Options
    I should say that I only fix re-fried beans because I cook for my family.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    We had tacos last night - I had two tacos for 415 calories. I used white corn tortillas, grilled chicken, plain Greek yogurt for sour cream, avocado, a little cheddar, lettuce, tomato, salsa, and refried black beans on the side. They were delicious and filling, the whole family liked them.

The grilled chicken was awesome and easy - I like the chicken breast tenderloins because they thaw out and cook fast. Tossed them in the bag with a little olive oil and seasoning in the afternoon, then grilled them up for dinner. Chopped them into bite-sized pieces before putting them on the table so they fit well into the tortillas.

Just had the leftovers for lunch, minus the tortillas - made a "burrito bowl" instead. :bigsmile:
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well it is Tuesday my new Taco night. I did have it thrusdays, but it srewed my friday morning weigh-ins. How I do it is Multi-grain taco shells, ground turkey, romaine lettuce, and regular cheeese, with Fat-free or veg refried beans. Oh and fat-free sour cream. A lot of times I'll be a bad girl and make Qesadeda's (multi-grain). Howdo you guys handle Mexican? I need some ideas.

I do it the same except I use 2% reduced fat shredded cheese and salsa instead of beans.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I do a pound of ground turkey with taco seasoning, a cup of cheese, romaine hearts, and taco sauce. Oh yeah. Onions. LOTS.