How do you cook your eggs?

Options

Replies

• heretoloseit95
    Options
    Me too :) , I have never tried poached eggs.
    My favorite is scrambled eggs with olive oil now for a healthy alternative, still turns out pretty good :) then hard boiled :))
  • zestyzaftig
    zestyzaftig Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I heat up my Tefal non-stick egg pan on the hob, then spray it with the 1 calorie oil, Fry Light [or Pam in the USA].
    Then I toss in an egg, and flip onto a slice of toast :bigsmile:

Yup, same goes for me. Simple and satisfying!
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Scrambled with some cheese............................
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I typically cook up a few strips of turkey bacon, and then fry eggs in the turkey bacon grease. Top with smoked paprika and maybe some chives or green onions. Gives the egg some excellent flavor.

I've tried turkey bacon and hated it. This sounds pretty good though!
  • Sunrise0923
    Sunrise0923 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Whites, scrambled .... just pepper. YUM
  • Live4More
    Live4More Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't.... I absolutely HATE eggs!!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Fried or scrambled. I never discriminate against the yolk...so many awesome nutrients in that little mass of yellow stuff!
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Poached eggs are my all time favorite! Closely followed by scrambled.

Loads of people like a fried egg... I can't stand eggs that are fried!
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    love me some hard boileds or scrambled egg whites with celery, tomatoes, and spinach mixed in!
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    thought I'd switch it up a bit - I love egg-based sauces, like hollandaise, and lemon curd is one of my favorite additions to yogurt. I also enjoy homemade mayonnaise (I usually use coconut and olive oils or bacon grease) and caesar dressing, which are great ways to get some raw egg goodness if you're bored with smoothies. and they're a fantastic addition to soup - egg drop is my go-to breakfast, and I've come to appreciate avgolemono this year.

ETA: I forgot that I'm holding one of my homegrown eggs in my profile picture! gotta love chickens.
  • TucksterC
    Options
    I have a microwave egg poacher that I use all the time. The only drawback is that it cooks the yoke too. I also like to keep hard-boiled eggs handy and add them to salads, whip up egg salad or eat alone as a quick snack.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I like over easy, hardboiled, and poached.
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I generally hard boil mine. I eat 4 a day so I hard boil and peel a weeks worth of eggs at a time. Peeling them is definitely a pain, but it saves me time in the mornings. I like scrambled eggs when I have more time to cook them.

Wow, that's a lot of eggs to peel! Do the eggs keep ok for a week? I usually only boil a couple of days worth as I'm worried that they will go bad!
  • b1g_tun4
    b1g_tun4 Posts: 48
    Options
    Warm coconut oil over medium eat. Pour in four liquid egg whites. Sprinkle Ms Dash, cayenne pepper, lil black pepper, 1tbs nutritional yeast flakes...let cook through. Flip like omelette...Eat Like Beast
  • Marklouis
    Options
    On the go perfect omelette. crack 2 or 3 eggs in a bowl and whip. use a small size ziplock freezer bag. put all your favorite ingredients in the bag, followed by the whipped eggs. seal the bag (squeeze the air out) place it in a pot of boiling water, pump out a few push ups, jump rope, pull ups, 8-12 minutes later pull the bag from the boiling water and ta da you will have a perfect omelette.
  • SBlost
    SBlost Posts: 90
    Options
    Poached eggs are lovely (especially on spinach....mmm...) but they are very tricky to get just right.

One variant is to bake them in theh oven. You can make an eggs florentine this way - line an ovenproof bowl with plenty of spinach, break an egg into it, sprinkle with cheese, and then bake in the oven until the egg is at the right consistency.

Or bake them in a bowl of salsa for huevos rancheros.

that sounds awesome!! Going to have to try this
  • paulsmisses
    Options
    I'm just curious as to how you eat/like your eggs? I've always heard about poached eggs, but have never tried one, I'm not sure if I'd like it, but I love eggs!

Scrambled, and hard boiled are my favorite!

i bought an egg poacher for £10 and you use it on the hob, makes perfect poached eggs in minutes!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Boiled, always.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    My new favorite way to cook my eggs is to take 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, vanilla, and cinnamon and scramble. Cook in a pan and drizzle with sugar free maple syrup. Tastes like French Toast! Nom, nom, nom.
    I am going to try this tomorrow morning. Yum.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I generally hard boil mine. I eat 4 a day so I hard boil and peel a weeks worth of eggs at a time. Peeling them is definitely a pain, but it saves me time in the mornings. I like scrambled eggs when I have more time to cook them.

When baking or cooking something in the oven. .... fill a muffin pan with an egg in the shell in each slot, then baked them in the oven with the other items. 20- 25 minutes is usually enough at around 325 degrees. I do that, then run the whole tray under cool water, and then peel them all, and place in a container in the fridge. They are easier to peel than boiled ones.