Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Wizard's First Rule
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books... but not with that crazy dwarf Tom Cruise in the leading role!
    *Shakes fist* *Why I oughta*

Agree
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Wizard's First Rule

Another good idea :)
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Ready Player One
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever said The Night Circus

Also, The Devil in the White City although wikipedia says that Leonardo DiCaprio owns the movie rights to it.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    Ten Little Indians
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfield... When I read those books in middle school I was crossing my fingers, hoping they'd be made into an awesome looking set of movies. Although, I understand that it might be a tad difficult to portray some of the fictional imagery into a real-life variation. Also, Old Man's War and (as someone already said) Wizards First Rule.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    So many of the COULD be good movies, but I do not trust Hollywood to cast or script them correctly.

One for the Money for example. That book should have translated very well into a movie, but rather than make the necessary adjustments to the script (ala Hunger Games) they just have Heigl narrorate it. Killed any momentum it ever had. Plus Katherine Heigl (who I usually like) didn't consistently do the Jersey accent. I wouldn't have cared if she had skipped it all together, but since she didn't use it in some scenes, I was distracting when she did. Grandma Mazur was very miscast.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    The Blue Sword. The magic in this book was...BEAUTIFUL.

OMG YES!!! I LOVED The Hero and the Crown, as well. SO awesome...
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Peony in Love- Lisa See
    Lady of the House of Love- Angela Carter
    Me and Emma- Elizabeth Flock
  • ovrsped
    ovrsped Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Any of Lee Child's Jack Reacher books... but not with that crazy dwarf Tom Cruise in the leading role!
    *Shakes fist* *Why I oughta*

Agree

Thank You!!!! How is 5 foot tall Tom Cruise going to play Jack Reacher?
  • grimsin
    grimsin Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    The wheel of time series by robert jordan
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The wheel of time series by robert jordan

That's so funny. My brother just recommended that book to me yesterday.
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
  • My_Own_Hero
    Options
    "A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail" by Bill Bryson

It was on my summer reading list from back in the day, and it's still the funniest book I've ever read.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I dunno about movies. Trying to condense things down into a ~2-hour story goes wrong so much of the time. For a TV series or miniseries, though (like Game of Thrones, The Stand, etc), I'd love to see the Dragonriders of Pern or Dark Tower books. The Great and Secret Show and Everville (and ?????) would also be cool, if Clive Barker would ever get around to finishing his damn "Trilogy". :laugh:
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben

'The Confession' by John Grisham
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Now I just feel like a Dumb@ss for not having read, literally, ANY of these books haha!
    *insert Marines are dumb comment* :)

*edit
    50 Shades of Grey... Oh wait... duh.
  • WineVine
    WineVine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I could die happily if they made them into movies that are actually good.

Oh, absolutely....
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm still hoping they'll someday bring J.D. Robb's (Nora Roberts) "...in Death" series to life! Roarke...sigh. :love: