Books that SHOULD be made into movies?

Options

Replies

• Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm going to toss a vote in for the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

And the Dragonriders of Pern. Just to get my nerd on.

What say you, MFP bookworms???
    Definately the Dragons of Pern, l've bee waiting over 2 decades for this to happen!!!
  • FrozenGod
    Options
    The wheel of time series by robert jordan

Best series ever!!! Last book is out in Jan
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm going to toss a vote in for the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

And the Dragonriders of Pern. Just to get my nerd on.

What say you, MFP bookworms???
    Definately the Dragons of Pern, l've bee waiting over 2 decades for this to happen!!!

I would never have guessed that, with a username of Ramoth. :wink:
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. I always thought they'd make brilliant films since I read them.

I love his books. Great choice.

The Sci-Fi channel turned it into a TV series for one season, then cancelled it. *kitten*! It was quite a bit different from the books, but still very enjoyable.

Really? That is a shame. The characters in the books are brilliant, it could be an epic series of films if it was done right. But I guess wizards, werewolfs and vampires etc have been a bit done to death now.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I would love to see Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Series. Don't know if it was said but I LOVE it. That and Warbreaker, halfway through and I think it would be interesting.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Gone Girl

I already have some of the cast lined up in my head.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I would watch a documentary on Freakonomics. I found that book interesting.
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes yes.And for my choice how about The Name of the Wind by Philip Rothfuss, really good read.
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes yes.And for my choice how about The Name of the Wind by Philip Rothfuss, really good read.

It's Patrick Rothfuss, but good point. I forgot about those! Can't wait for the third book.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Discworld, The Watch novels specifically. <3
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Would also love if they finished the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman.

ME TOO, but it'll never happen...

Also, ANYTHING by **** Francis. His books would be perfect if converted to film!

Edit: Ummm, ok... His name is D*ck Francis, as in Richard Francis but apparently his name is a no no...
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I agree with whoever said The Night Circus

The Night Circus is already going to be a movie, heard it from Erin Morgenstern herself during her paperback release party here in Boston. :)
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    Definitely The Grey Spear Society books by Alex Siegel should be made into a movie...but I agree, I wouldn't trust Hollywood to cast anybody decent.
  • missmayeb
    missmayeb Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am definitely getting ideas for my next book! I have the Wheel of Time but the hubs is reading it right now.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Also, The Devil in the White City although wikipedia says that Leonardo DiCaprio owns the movie rights to it.
    [/quote]

great book!
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    let me preface by saying i am a middle school english teacher, but i will vote for THE GIVER.
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The Dark Elf Saga -- RA Salvatore

Vector Prime from RA Salvatore -- if the Star Wars franchise ever decides to make a whole new series of movies, here's where they should start.

Was going to say the Dark Tower series from Stephen King, but that has already started production -- Russell Crowe is playing Roland.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Devil in the White City...fantastic story!

Just for pure entertainment factor..I'd vote for "I am Ozzy" too (best rock bio EVER!)
  • ccdog812
    ccdog812 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    any of the James Rollins books... they are like a mix of Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones so I believe they would do well. :)
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    The Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfield... When I read those books in middle school I was crossing my fingers, hoping they'd be made into an awesome looking set of movies. Although, I understand that it might be a tad difficult to portray some of the fictional imagery into a real-life variation.

YES! I read the first two in middle school (the second two weren't out yet) and just finally read all 4 this year. They should TOTALLY make it a series, but I think they could do the fictional imagery. I mean...they've done some pretty insane stuff in Hollywood.

I've also always wanted to see Hawksong and Snakecharm done into movies...by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. The rest of the books were okay, but Hawksong has a special place in my heart.

Would also love if they finished the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman.

......I would also love if they made the book my friend and I wrote together into a movie. Or better yet, the one we're writing now... =/

Hawksong and Snakecharm.... What a flashback!!! :love: