Controversial Forum Posts...

Options

Replies

• emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    No, people should be allowed to have opinions either way and express them.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    Did you just call me fat?

*sarcasm*
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sadly, a moderator is going to come here and shut down this thread because this thread criticizes the policies or practices of the mods.

How do I know this? Because I started a light-hearted thread about the same topic and it got shut down. No strikes.

Oh great...am I gonna get reported...*eyeroll*
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think deleting the mice hating people thread was a little extreme:ohwell:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The boards have seen quite a few today.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    If you can have an opinion without personally attacking the person, then yes. But if your opinion is "Yeah well, your opinion is different from mine. YOU SUCK!"

Then that's not fair and should be deleted.

This. I've always lived by the theory that you can't really understand what you stand for unless you make an effort to know the other side. I'm very opinionated, but if it's a topic that I'm not especially familiar with, I like to get both sides of the issue, instead of just reading "Your opinion doesn't matter because it's different from mine." That's not a good argument.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    i think there fun but sometimes postes scream.....
    thdontfeedmod.gif

and no one listens
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Don't want to get another strike so I'll just say I hate censorship.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I spent an hour reading the last thread.....that's an hour that I could have gotten off my rearend and burned a few calories. Now I feel foolish and I'll never get that hour back again.
  • HeatherLaShae4
    HeatherLaShae4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The way I see it, it's our constitutional right to express our freedom by opinion, whether the majority or minority agrees with it or not, it should not matter. We're constantly shut down or ''looked down upon'' for expressing opinions on touchy subjects. Its absolutely ridiculous since we're supposed to have freedom of speech ... yet thats what John Lennon was murdered for..just because his values and opinions were different from the ''norm'' ... rip lennon.. :)
  • kater8er
    Options
    \

This. I've always lived by the theory that you can't really understand what you stand for unless you make an effort to know the other side. I'm very opinionated, but if it's a topic that I'm not especially familiar with, I like to get both sides of the issue, instead of just reading "Your opinion doesn't matter because it's different from mine." That's not a good argument.

Me too! When I was in college (undergrad) I was in a really politically conservative area, so I tried to find the liberal stuff going on...Now I live in the middle of liberal splendor, so I had to find a conservative fire-and-brimstone church to keep the thoughts flowing...
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    Sadly, a moderator is going to come here and shut down this thread because this thread criticizes the policies or practices of the mods.

How do I know this? Because I started a light-hearted thread about the same topic and it got shut down. No strikes.

Oh great...am I gonna get reported...*eyeroll*

It's ok, sweetie. I get reported all the time and I'm still alive. Barely, but still alive.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    I think everyone should be allowed to post whatever they feel, unless I disagree with it.
  • kater8er
    Options
    I think everyone should be allowed to post whatever they feel, unless I disagree with it.

maybe you should become a mod? ;)

*JOKING, PEOPLE!*
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hell no! Freedom of speech! I don't care if you're trolling, hating on me, whatever. The only thing I think should be deleted is obvious spam (other websites, chain letters, etc.)
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    Options
    \

Me too! When I was in college (undergrad) I was in a really politically conservative area, so I tried to find the liberal stuff going on...Now I live in the middle of liberal splendor, so I had to find a conservative fire-and-brimstone church to keep the thoughts flowing...

At my college, we have "Quad Gods" that deliver the message of why we're going to hell in person. Quite nice of them. :indifferent:
  • ubuntufav
    Options
    debates are great as long there are no name calling and hitting below the belt.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    you can't censor the world, everyone should be entitled to state their opinion. now, if someone is just being mean and hateful towards another person, then that person should be banned from posting because there's no need for all that, but people need to loosen up a bit. i'm to a point where i'm almost afraid to post anything anymore cuz someone might take it the wrong way or it might get totally taken out of context
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    debates are great as long there are no name calling and hitting below the belt.

*this*
    unfortuatily
    1, i cant spell:tongue:
    2, MFP has taught me that palio's and veg*s and parents can't not hit below the belt(and yes its a double negative)
  • The_Pollster
    Options
    Controversy incites passionate discussion