Favourite 'healthy' meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• desertowman
    desertowman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Salmon on a bed of fresh spinach leaves and topped with Bolthouse Farms Yogurt based dressing of Parmesian is to die for.

Can't afford the salmon, tuna it is.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It varies a lot but these are my current favorites:

Breakfast: Egg Muffins (egg, low sodium ham, onion)
    Lunch: right now I really like the Starkist Sweet & Spicy Tuna packs on wraps with veg
    Dinner: salsa chicken cut up on a salad with avocado and a little greek yogurt on top; or salmon with asparagus
  • healthymission92
    Options
    Salmon on a bed of roasted/grilled veggies. *sigh* it's perfection.

Also, there's this chocolate mousse that I make with avocado that is simply to die for and pretty good for the body.

The avocado mousse sounds amazing. What's the recipe? :)
  • beeker25
    Options
    I love eating lots of plain foods... Believe it or not, plain avocado is fantastic. Same goes for spinach, edamame, apples, carrots, almonds, and things like that. Organic peanut butter on celery is mouth-watering. The best food to go is a fresh smoothie. Just throw any fruit in, and it's (almost) guaranteed to be de-lish. :)
  • gracieabem
    gracieabem Posts: 211
    Options
    I know it's not everyone's idea of healthy, but when I'm short on time or feel like having some yummy comfort food, I opt for sardines or poached eggs on toast with a pile of veggies. I'm never too busy to have my vegetables! I feel really flat without them.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    What is everyones fave go-to healthy meals if they're short on time or lacking motivation/ideas.

Mine is always salmon with some sort of herbs!
    Sweet potato baked with cottage cheese is also so nice :)

Interestingly, I love both of those too.

I tend to most often have either wild alaskan salmon or poached scottish salmon with lemon/herbs, with a little cottage cheese, mangetout and some other vegetables, and a bit of wholegrain mustard on the side. Sometimes I add on some baby plum tomatoes and beetroot, I love my veggies.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    English cucumbers with tuna.. :happy:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    organic corn sprouted corn tortilla piled with black beans, avocado, tomato, serrano peper, and cilantro.

For SUPER fast, I like spring mix salad with raspberries, walnuts, and Bragg's braggberry dressing.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    I really love smoked mackerel kedgeree, made with smoked mackerel (well, obviously!), brown rice, spring onions, peas, curry powder, parsley and a bit of yogurt for creaminess. And soft boiled eggs on top. Yuuum. Best meal ever.