iPhone 4S or Galaxy S III?

Options
124»

Replies

• gillz89
    gillz89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am curious about the Galaxy S II or III versus the HTC One? I had quote a few tell me that they loved the HTC One, but I have loved my Samsung Galaxy that I have had for the past 2 years...

I'm a big fan of HTC (currently carrying a Thunderbolt), but I'd have to go with the Galaxy S2 over the HTC One X. And if the Galaxy S3 is an option, than it's GAME OVER, MAN, GAME OVER.

The OneX has a non-replaceable battery and non-upgradeable memory. I'm fine with that for my Nexus 7 because it was so inexpensive and my use case for the Nexus is 99% at home when I'm in WiFi range and near a charging cable. For a phone? That's an absolute deal-breaker.

I currently have an HTC Inspire (Have had others but broke them so went back to this one) And I would totatlly go for the Galaxy S3. If it wasn't an opton, I'd get the Galaxy S2. Have had way too many issues with HTC for my liking.

As for the original question, same answer. Galaxy S3. I have also had the iPhone (first gen, 3G, 3GS, and 4S) and now that I have had an Android I would never go back to iPhone. Siri is over rated and Google now has Google Now.

I will be getting the Galaxy 3 in a month or so when my contract ends. I used to want the Droid Razr but it's not on AT&T and now it's old anyway.

Edited to add: Yes, I realize that I have been through way too many phones, I tend to break them by doing stupid things. (like dropping them in the toilet or forgetting they are on the roof of my car) But, it just gives me that much more knowledge about the phones.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those people that hate having what everyone else already has. You see Iphones everywhere nowadays. Also, I wasn't aware of this but with an IPhone, if you have battery issues you can't just purchase a new battery and install it you have to either send it or take to an Apple store or find someone that is skilled enough to do it for you. I have a Samsung Infuse 4G and love the Android market. I would go with the Galaxy S III personally. My main reason for not wanting an IPhone though is simply because everyone and their mother has one. I love my Android though.

It's small 'i' on iPhone, btw.

And that's a silly reason not want a particular phone. The iPhone has made my work life easier the past 5 years (I travel often for work and I have to lug my laptop around a lot less since the technology came out). Why is it do you think that "everyone" has an iPhone? Saying that it is silly and you don't want one because it is popular is just ridiculous. It's been around for more than 5 years at this point.

There should be an "a" between It's and small, btw...

You can do the same type of work with an Android as well. I utilize mine for work also.
  • Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    Just bought the Galaxy S III. It's freaking awesome. The speed, options, and graphics are great. Even the battery life is good so far. No real complaints.

^^^ this
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    7 days ago, I made the switch from the iPhone to the Galaxy S III. The phone is incredible. A little confusing at first since I was an avid iPhone user forever, it seemed.

The iPhone is a good phone. Reliable, compact, great graphics and all. It slowed down quite a bit over a year or two and some applications just wouldn't work on my phone worth a flip. So I mad the move to the SIII and so far, so good.

The iPhone 5 will be a remarkable phone, no doubt. But in less than a months time, Samsung will come out with one that will even top that.

Either way, I don't think you could go wrong with either the iPhone or the Android. It's a personal preference and I recommend you hit a store about 10 times, play with each phone doing different options and get a feel for what you prefer.

Good luck!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    And that's a silly reason not want a particular phone.

There are as many reasons for wanting phones as there are people who buy them. It's no sillier to want a phone because it's not the "hip and happening thing" than it is to want a specific one because it IS the "hip and happening thing".

Wasn't it Apple themselves who tried to start a counterculture movement to shill their product? The "1984" commercial? The "Think Different" campaign?
  • Nicolette_Karls
    Options
    HTC has really nice phones. My sister loves hers. I have an older version of the Samsung Galaxy and will be updating to S III once my contract needs renewing.

One thing though. People were talking about Jailbreaking Apple products earlier, and I have something to say on that. If you Jailbreak the iPhone, you void its warranty. Apple will no longer cover software malfunctions, and will not honor other breaks because you have tampered with the product. There are programs that claim you can reset your iPhone to factory setting (in effect "un-jailbreak" it), but the reset will appear if you should ever send the phone out.

Personally, I love Android. There are more free apps, more customization, and the phones update more frequently and for less cost than the iPhone. Just make sure that whatever phone you choose, you choose for the right reasons.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Galaxy SIII.

I love the bigger screen and it just looks damn sexy.
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've had my sprint galaxy s3 for 2 weeks and it's insaneeeee! I love it so much. Even the apple fan boys I work with drool over this phone. I debated waiting for the iphone 5 and I'm so happy I didn't.

Edit: the big reason for wanting the iphone was siri, and samsung has an app on the s3 called S voice.... Works way better than when I played around with siri at the apple store. And apparently there's an app in the play store that let's you face time since the s3 has a front facing camera. Haven't found or tried that app though
  • NoSpandex
    Options
    I bought the Galaxy S3 and had to return it after a week. I use my car's bluetooth every day for streaming pandora and for making and receiving calls while driving. For some unknown reason, the S3 does not work with automobile bluetooth systems (in the forums I spoke with users who had Infinity, Toyota, Ford, BMW, etc - and no one was able to make it stop making these very loud constant popping sounds). Samsung's only course of action was to trade you out a new phone, which of course does the same thing - all of them have this problem. Samsung had no plans to address the issue, so if you are an automobile bluetooth user, you do not want that phone.

I now have the Razor Maxx and LOVE it. Everything on the phone works perfectly.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    The Gs3 is literally the best ph in the world. Nothing can compare. ANyone who complains about android bugginess prob had a low shelf android.

Apple had its time as the trend setter, but there is nothing that is done on an Iphone that cannot be done (for free) on the GS3.

I couldn't agree with this more!!!!
  • greenbox06
    greenbox06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it has been said but here it goes. If you are an Apple-lover wait until they release the 4G one the 4S is not much better than the 4. I for one hate Apple and will never buy one of their phones. I have been using Android since they came out and love them. Their OS is very stable it is the carriers that tend to mess things up. That is why I always root my phone write away. The S3 is a really nice phone but it does have it's flaws but not very many and they are minimal. The iPhone has it's flaws too. No phone is perfect but you can make the Android damn near perfect good luck trying to do that with the iPhone

There is my 2 pennies :smile:
  • nbhobbes
    nbhobbes Posts: 284
    Options
    Galaxy S III hands down.

First anything you've already bought on the Google Market you won't have to pay for again. You will if you want to switch to the iPhone.

Second if your a tablet user Google has released with Asus the Nexus 7 which is AWESOME!

I have an older LG Google phone and anything I have on the phone my Nexus can access. Anything I've bought and paid for I can bring on to my Nexus for free. :)
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First off, thank you all for giving your input. I figured this topic would be quite popular. All reasons pretty much previously mentioned seemed valid. Since I am used to Android I will likely go with the GS3. Also since I learned that GS3 has a SD card slot and the iPhone 4S doesn't. Also just the customization thing too, but also more free apps. I won't be spending anything if much in any app store. I also rarely use my iTunes. Someone mentioned Swype and that may be the thing that helps me with my transition to a touchscreen.

Regardless, both phones will likely make me pretty happy compared to the crap I'm using right now since I've dropped it wayyyyyyy too many times lol. I will also be sure to play with both of these phones and maybe one other at the store. I definitely cannot wait another month though. I will be going back to school and dealing with way more stuff and can't be bothered with it. Thanks again for all the input, and the specs sheet really was helpful. Off to the Sprint store!!
  • crystalizepurple
    crystalizepurple Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Also, this is why I love MFP!! Love the forums for asking questions :).
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    S3 hands down..iPhone killer in every way.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I vote Galaxy. I have a Galaxy S2 and it's good. The no keyboard thing kinda sucked at first, but install swipe and you'll get used to it in less than a week.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I vote Galaxy. I had a iPhone. Loved it but Galaxy S2 was FREAKING AWESOME. I love it even more.

I bet the Galaxy S3 would be even sweeter! I'm hoping to get my husband that next year.
  • Nickstery
    Nickstery Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Did you decide yet!?!?!?

:)

I download the beta version of Swype from samsung.. it makes texting and writing from your phone that much easier!