too much whinging!

Options
There's a lot of moaning and ranting going on lately and I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. I need cheering up.
So....
What's been your high point this week?
I'll start.
I ran 3k this afternoon. I told myself before I started I would only run half and walk the rest but instead once I got into my stride I just kept telling myself "just keep going a bit longer" until before I knew it I was at 2.75k and kept going. I even walked a further 0.5k to cool down. I would not have had a chance at this even 5weeks ago :happy:

Replies

• Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    Options
    *whining

In before the other trolls!
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations.

I like to stare at pics of Johnny Depp when I'm depressed. lol.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    *whining

F@CK YOU GUY!!!!!
  • Stompp
    Options
    There's a lot of moaning and ranting going on lately and I'm just as guilty of it as anyone. I need cheering up.
    So....
    What's been your high point this week?
    I'll start.
    I ran 3k this afternoon. I told myself before I started I would only run half and walk the rest but instead once I got into my stride I just kept telling myself "just keep going a bit longer" until before I knew it I was at 2.75k and kept going. I even walked a further 0.5k to cool down. I would not have had a chance at this even 5weeks ago :happy:

Seriously though, my high point was realizing that due to my inability to go low enough on my squats, I can hit up the leg press for the difference! Stupidly simple and obvious, but it was totally great :)
  • Stompp
    Options
    *whining

F@CK YOU GUY!!!!!

:heart:
  • nyteyz82
    nyteyz82 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm guilty of whining myself. But is it really whining or are we just looking for the support that we come on MFP to get?

No high point yet for this week. actually no high point for the past few weeks. who knows, maybe something will happen today.
  • cubizzle
    Options
    I ran a 50 minute 10k on Saturday, and a 24 minute 5k on Monday....all in preperation for my half marathon this coming weekend!!!
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    High Point TODAY! Dr. lowered my insulin today - A1C levels went from 8.2 to 5.9 from May 31st to now!!!! First Dr. visit in years where she said, all my bloodwork numbers were good, and don't have to come back for six months!
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I scored a goal in my rec soccer game last night. (I play defense; it's a big deal for me. :bigsmile: ) Oh, and I didn't NEED to sub off the field--just did it to give the other girl a turn.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    *whining

Can't tell if a serious correction or not . . .

I actually prefer the word whinge . . . seems more descriptive than "whine." Dunno why.
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    I refuse to whing in the forums, I'm all about the positive! LOL :bigsmile:
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    High point today - going to workout even though i really, really, really don't want to. But I gotta, lol. I noticed a lot of whiny rants today too - where are all the positive people at??? :wink:
  • cubizzle
    Options
    High point today - going to workout even though i really, really, really don't want to. But I gotta, lol. I noticed a lot of whiny rants today too - where are all the positive people at??? :wink:

Trollin the whiny rants
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    *whining

Whinging is actually a word - British slang. Means the same as whining.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I'm guilty of whinging myself. But is it really whinging or are we just looking for the support that we come on MFP to get?

No high point yet for this week. actually no high point for the past few weeks. who knows, maybe something will happen today.

Not having a low point counts as a high point! For me anyway.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    I played 2 softball games over the weekend for the first time in 17 years and I hit the ball at ever single at bat. I was pretty pleased with myself.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    *whining

Whinging is actually a word - British slang. Means the same as whining.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/whinge

I knew that was a correct way to spell whining as well, but I didn't know it was slang...when said out loud is the G pronounced?
  • monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged 3 miles straight for the first time ever in life. For me, that was 40 minutes of jogging. At the beginning of the summer, 30 seconds was unbearable.
    I also went to see Jason Mraz and Christina Perri Sunday night and wore shorts out in public for the first time in over 5 years.
    Lots of NSVs this week!
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    *whining

No it's whinging it's a real word means the same, used very often in wales.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    earlier my husband ate an icecream in front of me and it really ticked me off. oh wait, that was someone else...