New to this and need motivation! :)

Options
Hey everyone! I'm new to this and I need motivation! I keep watching the pounds add on and it's really frustrating! For the past couple years I have been fluctuating up and down with weight and I feel like enough is enough! So if anybody would like to add me I would love it :)

Replies

• Padraig62
    Options
    Hi. I found this site really helped a lot so good luck and feel free to add me if you wish to
  • cccerberus
    cccerberus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    everyone is different, but my motivation came from starting a challenge with a friend, a race to 200.
    as long as the person the challenge is with doesn't quit, it can be very motivating if you have a competitive spirit
  • msbran77
    msbran77 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • 602baglady
    602baglady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :blushing:

Hello, I am on a weight loss journey. My fat Dr told me about this website and decided to give it a try. So far I love it.
  • ljames36
    Options
    Hey GIggly, I am in the same boat. I am "very" new to this and only know 2 people on here. I lack motivation and find it hard to stick with it at times. If there is any one that wants to be "buddies" feel free to add me! :happy:
  • Voca_Star
    Voca_Star Posts: 140
    Options
    You can add me if you wish. I'm having some issues myself getting my weight down, but at least it won't go up ^^;
    You've made a great step by realizing that you need to make a change! Remember to only do this for YOU and not for anyone else. We're all in the same boat, and we're all standing right behind you if you need some support.

You're really wanting some results, and it's not going to be a super easy task. Though this site is very very helpful and I'm glad to see you came here to start your journey :)

But you can't forget that results won't fall into your lap. You have to fight for it and make the change. You're the only one who can make this change, so be strong, don't give up and achieve your dreams! Anything is possible if you set your mind to it!
  • dosmundos
    Options
    Hi. You can do this. Tracking what you eat is key. Add me if you like.:smile:
  • PatriceHrabowskie
    Options
    I am new hear also (not as new) but now I have a friend that's experienced helping me (giving advice, food options, great food websites) so I urge you to find a friend like that (at least twenty pounds weight loss) but I want someone who is at the beginning with me, who isn't close to it do we can build each other up with understanding. I'll send a friend request.
  • zooathome
    Options
    I am sick of being insecure about my size and weight.
    Out of all the worries in my life this is one that I actually have control over! I will lose weight and I am committed to staying healthy for the rest of my life.
    I quit smoking almost 2 years ago and I am hoping I can use those techniques to quit over eating all the bad stuff!
    I am new to this program/site and I need friends to keep me motivated and I am willing to help you become motivated and for us to support each other on this journey. You can add me!
  • deemvall
    deemvall Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started about two months or so. No results because I wasn't disciplined enough. What worked for me, I gave myself a free day on the weekends. I started doing breakfast first for 4 weeks until I learned the portions, then added lunch. Did the same routine until I managed to do a whole day. Repetition and willingness. Go online search for what fat really looks like and picture that when you try to eat what you are not suppose to. Find what really works for you not others because that is the only thing that will help you achieve your goals. Of course, be positive.

I've lost 8 pounds and already feel the difference in my daily activities.

Feel free to add me as well.

Good luck! :wink:
  • ChinkyButt
    ChinkyButt Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Motivation...I need that too!
    A bit of instruction and advice...that's why we're here.
    Excited to start this journey with you giggly!
  • navajochick
    navajochick Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats for deciding to join! I am fairly new as well. Add me and we can motivate each other. I am also looking for some friends one here.
  • cma1103
    cma1103 Posts: 8
    Options
    Congratulations! From one newbie to another, I completely understand. Even in this last 24 hours I've been really impressed by all of the support and warm wishes from everyone on here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we all progress!
  • mrtoaster
    mrtoaster Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi I've been using MFP for about 5 weeks and trying to eat healthier for about 7 weeks. This is after years of really bad eating and drinking habits.

I have found that logging absolutely everything that I eat or drink really helps. Another useful tip is if you are thinking of eating something that you know is bad for you, then add it to your diary before you eat it. Watching those numbers rocket up is great motivation to make the smart choices.

Honestly I found it a lot easier after the 1st few weeks once I stopped obsessing about food and being hungry. I'm now obsessing about when I can get to the gym (and that is not natural for me).

Anyone please feel free to add me for any motivation, advice or even a good old rant.