bump
    I'll read it when I get home, thanks :)
  • crystaltate4
    Options
    great info just read it and its nice to know im doing the right thing
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I can't recall ever seeing so much broscience in one article.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Way too complicated. Shortened version:

1. Eat at a deficit
    2. Use common sense when making food choices
    3. Exercise often (choose something you enjoy so that you will stick with it)
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Kim_BUFF_Fox
    Options
    Way too complicated. Shortened version:

1. Eat at a deficit

I love reading articles like this, lengthy or not, I just find the whole thing inspiring. However...yes, this is essentially all the info down to a manageable chunk if there are others that are too lazy to read it all / don't grasp the terminology :)
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    bump
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Long indeed but i will be eating more protein! yesss!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I can't recall ever seeing so much broscience in one article.
    Read the byline at the bottom: "Copyright Weider Publications". :bigsmile:
  • pixelsurgeon88
    pixelsurgeon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the article! I have always thought that MFP has set my protein way too low. So its good to read an article that promotes more protein.

I love protein it makes you feel filler for longer...so I don't feel like I am starving all the time.

Allie xo
  • Kim_BUFF_Fox
    Options
    Thanks for the article! I have always thought that MFP has set my protein way too low. So its good to read an article that promotes more protein.

I love protein it makes you feel filler for longer...so I don't feel like I am starving all the time.

Allie xo

@Allie - Yes, I changed my MFP settings to 40% protein, 40% carbs & 20% fat (granted, I don't always hit the targets!) and I think this has worked well for me when I've actually stuck to it. Also, good point about HIIT training - I lose weight quicker and my long distance running times DECREASED even though I was only doing 20 min treadmill based interval sessions (1x min jog, 1x min sprint & repeat)

x
  • Theorey
    Theorey Posts: 19
    Options
    damn where is the like button
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I laughed.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Shortened version:

1. Eat at a deficit

completely agree :3
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Shortened version:

1. Eat at a deficit

I would call this "Better version" rather than "shortened version"
  • Kim_BUFF_Fox
    Options
    Jeez guys! I didn't write the article...quit being so pedantic!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

dunno what pedantic means but I get a feeling you're saying "bashing" in which case, nobody is bashing on you, we're just saying that its overcomplicating something. Thanks for the link though, I'm sure some of the folks would find a good use out of it :)
  • Kim_BUFF_Fox
    Options

dunno what pedantic means but I get a feeling you're saying "bashing" in which case, nobody is bashing on you, we're just saying that its overcomplicating something. Thanks for the link though, I'm sure some of the folks would find a good use out of it :)

Haha, yes, I feel there is a lot of "bashing" going on in the forums recently...so maybe I jumped the gun slightly there (apologies in which case!)

I know most of the stuff in the article anyway but I find it to be a nice little reminder for me when I need some inspiration OR want to try something different that might help boost my metabolic rate / burn fat e.g. switching my morning coffee for green tea. Just wanted to share in case others found it had the same effect on them :D
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    V interesting. Will pour over it in detail later

The simple equasion of eating less than the calories you consume doesn't work for everyone.

I think that some foods are harder to burn off than others .ie. giving up bread really helped me lose weight personally.
    But thats not scientific :-)
  • lupo316
    lupo316 Posts: 26
    Options
    I disagree with anyone giving you lip over the article being too long. This was a great read and simplifying everything into 3 steps doesn't work for everyone. The extra details in some of this article give me some good ideas. Thanks for sharing.