Low calorie, filling meal idea??

Options
I completely screwed up today. I only have 268 calories left and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get my workout in to earn myself some extra dinner calories. I do not want to go over, but I know I'm going to be starving by the end of the night. Does anyone have any low-cal, filling ideas for me to stay within my calories (or close to it)?? Thanks everyone!

Vanessa

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Boiled or steamed shrimp and steamed broccoli.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    go for a quick 30 minute run and earn some more calories. No, seriously.
  • smarti777
    Options
    Progressive Light Soups are great and low cals for a whole can.
  • FireBrand80
    FireBrand80 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    5oz of chicken breast and a bag of frozen cauliflower
  • jrob454960
    jrob454960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light has many 300 calorie or less dinner plans on their site.
  • Melissat33
    Options
    a baked potato with a little cheese and light sour cream.....or go for a walk and get some calories back that u can use....thats what I do when I wanna have a "eat what I want day" I exercise A LOT that day so I can have a few extra calories to eat.......most of the time I never even come close to my daily intake anyway which is bad I know but I have a hard time I have only ate once a day for most of my life trying to eat more then once I never feel hungry

Good luck
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You can have a huge piece of fish easily. For part of my dinner I'm eating 6.6 oz (a very BIG piece, in my opinion) of cod with lemon juice for only 152 calories. Since you'll have calories leftover, throw in some veggies. :)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    cambells chuny chk noodle ,whole can 280 cals!!! yummy and filling
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

^^ sorry love but this has sooo much sodium. I used to eat these soups until I started ballooning after eating them! :(

If you do choose this option make sure to drinks LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS of water.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options

<<...THIS...>>> would be the most FILLING out of all the suggestions so far. . .
    so if you are HUNGRY Id say this would be the best option.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato with green onions, a dab of sour cream and maybe a sprinkle of feta?? I usually do this for lunch -- super filling and yummy.

I cook up fresh mushrooms for the top also -- a cup of mushrooms has something like 20 calories in it!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

I can't eat anything with the word progressive in it
  • thefullmontysmom
    thefullmontysmom Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I agree that the canned soups have lots of sodium so probably not your best bet.

A whole can of Tuna isn't many calories, and you can eat it with some veggies etc....

But this is the girl that did the same today...but made sure I walked so I could eat a little more lol! (I don't usually eat back my exercise calories but at least I feel better about the green number than the red lol it's all in my head!)
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Baked sweet potato with green onions, a dab of sour cream and maybe a sprinkle of feta?? I usually do this for lunch -- super filling and yummy.

I cook up fresh mushrooms for the top also -- a cup of mushrooms has something like 20 calories in it!

My tummy just growled. I love sweet potato!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I like any of Amy's Light and Lean meals, especially the spaghetti (240), soft taco casserole (220), or roasted polenta with swiss chard (140). They're all organic and natural and just all around good for you: you can read all of the ingredients on the back of the package. They are very filling imo on their own, but add a HUGE side of steamed asparagus for only 40 cals and you've got yourself a meal! Haha, that's basically all I've been eating for the past 4 months, so I can't even think of any other ideas. I'm addicted.
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options

<<...THIS...>>> would be the most FILLING out of all the suggestions so far. . .
    so if you are HUNGRY Id say this would be the best option.

I agree - and now I'm having it too!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    If you eat something that isn't too filling, try drinking some herbal tea after. I find it really fills me up.
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    skinless chicken breast grilled with a cup of steamed veggies and spinach salad with a fresh salsa dressing clocks in around 265 calories and is very filling for me.
  • cherylhirons
    cherylhirons Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs packed with veggies, that's what I'm making:)
  • Nightelyn
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is a great alternative to pasta. It's filling, has lots of vitamins, and it's incredibly easy to make. You can grill up some boneless, skinless chicken breasts and put that in there, too. One squash makes a LOT, so you have a few meals with each one, and it reheats well.