What is your weakness with food?

Options

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    My biggest problem is that when I do get the craving for something sweet (which only happens maybe once a week, thankfully), I have to have something salty to follow it. Then I want something sweet again. And another salty after that. And it just keeps cycling like that til I'm stuffed full of total crap. Haha.

Wonder if kettle corn would do the trick....there's an Orville Redinbackers (sp?) 100 calorie pack.
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love heavy foods! Lasagna with garlic bread is a biggie! And fast food...ugh! I am not huge fan of salty foods and can usually pass on the sugary stuff too...but when it does hit I have sugar free jello pudding snack or a banana split minus the ice cream. I just slice up a banana (and sometimes strawberries) drizzle with a little hersey's syrup, light wipped cream and a sprinkle of pecans...it is a tasty "treat" while getting in some fruit. :happy:
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Mine is BOOZE!!! I love wine and irish whiskey!!! Not only does it have calories, but it makes it very sucky the next day to work out! I'll have a few glasses of wine during the week (8 ounces, and I measure it) but the weekends are hard!

Yes and booze I love to have a glass or two of wine every few nights BUT I also just learned that wine gives women "wine thighs"...kinda like men and their "beer guts"...THAT would explain why my thighs started to explode! LOL
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Dessert like chocolate and ice cream, but even worse is bread. Good fresh bread, like french baguette, or even 7 grain. Any fresh bread and I looove potatoes.

I've noticed that once I go without sugars ( other than the sugars in fruit and vegies) for a while, i don't crave them as much, and sometimes not at all. Just the first 5 days are really hard.
    Try not having anything sweet after dinner for a week and see how it feels after that. It's hard, because the craving can be pretty strong, but I am really confident that after 5 days you will be amazed how much better it is.
  • zorri
    zorri Posts: 2
    Options
    ICE CREAM...chocolate chip mint. My secret is that I just keep it out of the house. If I buy a 1/2 a gallon of ice cream I will eat the whole thing in 2 days. Instead I will go to an ice cream place and buy a scoop. That's right a scoop. With the price of ice cream per scoop & can get a 1/2 a gallon in the supermarket. Since I'd rather spend my money on shoes one scoop a couple of times a year is good.
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    EVERYTHING....I just love food. I love desserts, chocolate, chips, cheese. All the wrong stuff!
  • jrenaldo
    jrenaldo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Even after losing 80 pounds, pizza and sweets of any kind are STILL my problem. I wonder if I will ever overcome them, but until then, I have what I want in very small amounts.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Velveeta shells and cheese hands down. Followed by bud light (very close second :laugh: )
  • hagan8123
    Options
    Mine is good beers. I have switched to vodka (1 shot = 56 kcal) and mineral water (topo chico) which is 56 calories. A lot better than my beers which run 150 kcal plus.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Ice Cream. Moose Tracks, specifically.
  • loriguegel
    Options
    My biggest problem is that when I do get the craving for something sweet (which only happens maybe once a week, thankfully), I have to have something salty to follow it. Then I want something sweet again. And another salty after that. And it just keeps cycling like that til I'm stuffed full of total crap. Haha.

OMG, I am the exact same way! I thought I was a crazy lunatic because I would always do this, I guess if I am one, then I'm not alone!! :laugh:
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Chocolate, cookies, ice cream.

Anything sweet.

Or lays chips.

Or cream soda...

Or mashed potatoes.

and booze.

Man, everything !
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    Well..question easier to answer is what isn't a weakness? I'm not insane on sweets but things like.... flatbreads, pasta, I love them. CHEEESE!!! oh my gosh. I'm a vegetarian but even so I still have a hard time saying no to some foods. Cheese is might addictive.
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    if it's in front of me, I want a sample and if the sample is tastey then I want more!!! I have a close personal relationship with BROWNIES!!! I love them very much and will not walk away when it's presented to me....what can I say "I'm weak!!"

BUT, I have learned the art of taking just a few bites instead of eating the whole thing!! I also love breads and pastas!!
  • dujennifer
    dujennifer Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Me too!!!! It is awful!
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    sweets for sure. I must have something after dinner for dessert. I keep all sorts of options on hand that aren't as bad - one piece of dark chocolate or something like that. I've tried quitting cold turkey and I can make it for a few days and then I just go crazy so it's better for me to have the options available and "give in" - and I make sure I have the calories at the end of the day for it.
  • mdale2
    mdale2 Posts: 79
    Options
    BEER. I can't pass up a good beer if I'm in a pub or a microbrewery, so it becomes a planned cheat.

The other one is strange for me - donuts. I never used to like the crazy things until I moved in with someone who likes to buy them on occasion. Seriously they taste pretty good but then about 2 hours after eating them I end up with killer heartburn!
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle Posts: 102
    Options
    Dessert like chocolate and ice cream, but even worse is bread. Good fresh bread, like french baguette, or even 7 grain. Any fresh bread and I looove potatoes.

I've noticed that once I go without sugars ( other than the sugars in fruit and vegies) for a while, i don't crave them as much, and sometimes not at all. Just the first 5 days are really hard.
    Try not having anything sweet after dinner for a week and see how it feels after that. It's hard, because the craving can be pretty strong, but I am really confident that after 5 days you will be amazed how much better it is.

Yes that's what I observed too. I REALLY think that sugar is a DRUG!!! Really-really. Once you pass a few day without those artificial-rafined sugars it goes better.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My favorite beer is Killian's Irish Red... at 165 calories I just have to learn to save one for special occasions. I used to drink vodka and orange juice. Maybe Vodka and something light will work for me.
  • tanzmitpalmer
    tanzmitpalmer Posts: 124 Member
    Options

Wonder if kettle corn would do the trick....there's an Orville Redinbackers (sp?) 100 calorie pack.
    I hadn't thought of that... I'll give it a whirl. Thanks! :D