Summer Goal Achieved-ish

Options
xxvogue
xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
So my goal was to be in a size 12 before going back to school on september 1st. Today I put on these Lucky Brand Jeans I haven't worn since high school - size 12/31.

400418_10151011653781270_603663553_n.jpg

With no muffin top!! (Okay, I do have a pouchy stomach, but no muffin top!!).

The goal would be able to be a 100% solid size 12 before leaving in 2 and a half weeks!

Also, I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and my BP was 120/80 (prehypertension). Went today and asked what it was and it was at 120/78. So.. I think that's good. To be honest I've never really looked much at my BP, but seeing "pre-hypertensive" was not encouraging.

Replies

• jessthib09
    jessthib09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! I am glad you reached your summer goal!! Keep up the good work! :) I am a student as well if you wanna friend me :drinker:
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    120/80 is a normal BP for an adult
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    120/80 Is NOT prehypertensive. It is actually healthy, was your doc trying to scare you?
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think later in life 120/80 is considered the norm, but I'm only 20? So doc wants to prevent any issues before they start (in High school my BP was dangerously close to being actually "high").

I was curious though if she was just being crazy and I got this on Livestrong: "If your blood pressure ranges from 120 to 139 mm Hg/80 to 80 mm Hg, you are considered to be prehypertensive and more likely to develop high blood pressure if you do not take steps to prevent it. A blood pressure measurement of 140 mm Hg/90 mm Hg is considered high blood pressure."

Here also has 120/80 as being prehypertensive: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/blood-pressure/HI00043/

So, idk. Maybe a doctor will come in and help me out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!