Thick Legs.....

Options
:noway: Hi all! My name is Mistie and if you're not my friend then you should add me because I need all support & motivation that there is. Anyway, I know you all must be curious about the subject "Thick Legs" so let me ask you...do you think it's a compliment from a guy to say "I like a woman with thick legs?" For myself, absolutely not! Ladies & Men, it's only been a good month since I started working out and the past two weeks I've really stepped up my cardio. I go to the gym about 5 days a week and put in a hour of cardio and about 15 to 20 minutes of strength training. I started two weeks ago measuring myself and so far within the two weeks that I've measured I've lost 10 inches total of here and there. I'm not weighing in because scales get me down, so every two weeks I will measure myself and on August 23rd is my next measurement so cross your fingers for me & stay tuned. LOL Anyways back to the subject, When I heard this guy's comment about liking my "thick legs" I felt myself getting a little down but I realized that I'm using his "compliment" to keep me going and harder at that. I just don't know what men are thinking these days. Is it me or do you agree??

Replies

• chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    It all depends in which form they say it...but in this case I would totally take it as a compliment.

Thick is beautiful...and personaly, I love thick legs :)
  • m0mofw4r
    m0mofw4r Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Totally agree. I think some of us are just built with thick legs. Especially me and my Latin girls.
  • Pudgebrownie
    Options
    Frankly put, some men (perhaps women too) prefer THICK over slim or slender. From what you describe, sounds like this guy genuinely likes thick legs, versus slim or slender legs. So in this case - compliment! Regardless, YOU need to be comfortable in your own skin, and getting into shape and being healthy is a fantastic start. Bravo!
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    RunMyOregonBunsOff Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    If he means thick as in muscley...then it's a good thing. :smile:

Oh, and add me if you want.
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Being a pear shaped girl I gotta say I get where your coming from being confused about that! He totally meant it as a compliment! I'm sure he really does admire your legs so don't feel down about that! You've lost 10 inches no random dude has rights to get you down, plus he was being nice in his straightforward man kind of way lol.

I know the feeling of having thick legs in proportion to my body and I think us girls tend to be much harsher on them then our male counterparts, Keep on with the working out and weights especially! Good luck on the 23rd!

("Thick" Legs unite! :P Mine are 23.5 inchers, used to be 25!!! :O )
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Thick legs are super hot...not an insult at all.
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    From a sister who is thick..trust me it was a compliment